Need help to create a program integrating a flow sensor with apps on Windows

I am a student and I need help to create a program in Arduino Mega which running a Power Point file or a video. Data will be collected by Arduino water flow sensor, which, upon reaching certain pre condition determined in the sensor, must start the Power Point file or video. Summary: Once Arduino sensor detects a water flow of more than 2 L/min, it should run a PowerPoint file in Windows, and flow below 2 L/min run another different Power Point file or video.

Sou um estudante e preciso de ajuda para criar uma programação no Arduino Mega que execute um arquivo no Power Point ou um vídeo que farei. Serão coletados dados por um sensor de fluxo de água do Arduino, que, ao atingir determinada condição pré determinada no sensor, deve iniciar o arquivo Power Point ou algum vídeo. Resumo: assim que o Arduino detectar um fluxo de água com mais de 2 L/min, ele deverá executar ou abrir um arquivo Power Point no Windows, e, abaixo do fluxo de 2 L/min executar outro arquivo Power Point diferente.

First, figure out how to get a script or VBA program to run your Power Point.

Once you have that, it is trivial to get it to trigger based on serial input from the arduino.

But I need an Arduino language command line to send a signal which start the Power Point file or a video.

(deleted)

if (flow() > 2.0) serial.println("go!");

It is up to you to create the program on the PC that listens to the com port and does something when it sees "go!"

@duduxp1, do not cross-post. Duplicate thread removed.

I am a student and I need help to create a program in Arduino Mega in cooperation with arduino ethernet shield which running a Power Point file or a video. Data will be collected by Arduino water flow sensor, which, upon reaching certain pre condition determined in the sensor, must start the Power Point file or video. Summary: Once Arduino sensor detects a water flow of more than 2 L/min, it should run a PowerPoint file in Windows, and flow below 2 L/min run another different Power Point file or video.

Sou um estudante e preciso de ajuda para criar uma programação no Arduino Mega em cooperação com arduino ethernet shield que execute um arquivo no Power Point ou um vídeo que farei. Serão coletados dados por um sensor de fluxo de água do Arduino, que, ao atingir determinada condição pré determinada no sensor, deve iniciar o arquivo Power Point ou algum vídeo. Resumo: assim que o Arduino detectar um fluxo de água com mais de 2 L/min, ele deverá executar ou abrir um arquivo Power Point no Windows, e, abaixo do fluxo de 2 L/min executar outro arquivo Power Point diferente.

I need help to create a program in Arduino Mega which running a Power Point file or a video.

The Mega can't run a power point file or a video. It COULD send data to a PC where an application was running, listening to the serial port that the Mega is connected to, could make sense of the Mega output and drive the power point or video player app.

There are several approaches, but I think Processing running on the PC is going to have more examples of how to interact with the Arduino.

Start here

Another resource

Ray

I need a command to do the Arduino execute a Power Point or video file in Windows. I made an water flow programming, but I need a conditional programming (if / else) that performs the following function:
If the water flow is exceeding 2 L / min, start to run a video or PowerPoint file on your computer. If the opposite, run another video or different Power Point file.

-Preciso de um comando para o arduino que execute um arquivo Power Point ou vídeo no Windows. Preciso de um comando para o arduino que execute um arquivo Power Point ou vídeo no Windows. Tenho uma programação de fluxo de água feita, mas preciso de uma programação condicional (if/else) que execute a seguinte função:
Se o fluxo de água for maior que 2 L/min, execute um video ou arquivo Power Point no computador. Caso o contrario, execute outro video ou arquivo Power Point diferente.

In what state will your PC be when that needs to happen? sleeping? at locked screen? always logged in?

if you know exactly what state the PC is into, you could - with the right Arduino - emulate a keyboard and send events to the PC to do what you want.. that's probably not foolproof though.

Alternatively you could have a piece of code running on your PC listening for orders on the serial port and executing some commands locally on the PC to open the right PPT or Movie file and run it.

From a security perspective that would be pretty bad if anything on the USB port could launch random programs (even if windows is not too secure, it's not that bad).

I will use Arduino Mega and Ethernet Shield, and my PC will be always logged in.

Not sure why you need the ethernet shield for.

write a small pgm - possibly with processing - listening orders from the Serial port and launch your program of choice with the right parameters and options

Multiple threads in this topic.
Give it a rest

@duduxp1, stop cross-posting.