Need help to make my arduino work as an AP to a Modem/Router

I have been struggling to make my Arduino Yun work as an AP to my modem/router. Can you guys assist me in how to do that thing? I've tried that in multiple ways but no good results. Thanks!

AR9331+ openwrt supported WIFI mode:

• ap for Access Point
  • sta for managed (client) mode
  • adhoc for Ad-Hoc
  • wds for static WDS
  • monitor for monitor mode
  • mesh for IEEE 802.11s mesh mode

mesh mode only supported by mac80211 (in trunk)

You need give us more detail about what you want to do. (Your router is in which mode? … etc)

My router is an E1200 and is connected to my Modem. My router is just working as every router in its default mode. What I want to do is to use my arduino as an Access point to my network. I want to connect via Wireless to my arduino and being able to browse like I do when I connect to my router.

Access Point for E1200
Access Point for Arduino Yun

Connect ethernet cable between Yun and E1200?

Use laptop/iphone connects via Wireless to my arduino and being able to browse like I do when I connect to my router?

sonnyyu:
Access Point for E1200
Access Point for Arduino Yun

Connect ethernet cable between Yun and E1200?

Use laptop/iphone connects via Wireless to my arduino and being able to browse like I do when I connect to my router?

The Ethernet cables is connected between the Yun and the E1200. When I say browse I'm referring to Access to websites like Google or YouTube.
In just a few words, I want to be able to connect my laptop to my network every time I connect to the Arduino Yun Access point.

First setup backup plan :

Recover bricked expanded Yun

Start with expanded Yun, say any thing is going wrong, use back plan to get back.

Log into your router, using the LuCi frontend by click advanced configuration panel link

go to the Network/Interfaces tab:
There you should see your LAN device. Edit it to have an appropriate IP address from your local subnet. Most often your network will be 192.168.0.0 Lets put in a static IP address, so we can find our router in case something goes wrong. Also make sure to set the netmask (in this case 255.255.255.0), gateway and DNS server (both probably should point to your router, 192.168.0.1).
make sure Disable DHCP for this interface as well.

Now go to the Physical Settings tab. Here, it's important to check "Bridge interfaces" and to select both the ethernet adapter, and the wireless network. One of devices will say "wan", the other one will say "lan". Last click save & apply

After confirm the bridge setup work:

Set WIFI encryption here.

Krayzon:
I have been struggling to make my Arduino Yun work as an AP to my modem/router. Can you guys assist me in how to do that thing? I've tried that in multiple ways but no good results. Thanks!

@Krayzon,

These should help also.
Recipes [OpenWrt Wiki]
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/start

Jesse

Thank you sonnyyu. Everything Works now! :slight_smile: