Need help to start a project

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to the field and using Arduino systems. I really appreciate if someone can help me and give me some hints on which board should I chose and what are best components I can get to start my work.

I am in design process of a test bed in which a custom voltage signal (± 100v max) should be generated and send to the specimen and then the results from a force and a displacement sensor should be recorded and reported back to the computer (So after processing all the data in the software I can have a force vs Voltage graph as the output result )

I know that I need a programmable power supply to control it with Aurdino and feed it with the custom signal generated on the software. Also, I need force and displacement sensors that are compatible with Aurdino. Could anyone suggest or give me a hint about type of Aurdino board and compatible power supply or sensors (with Aurdino) that I can use for this project?

I appreciate any hint that can help me to get started!

Thanks a lot!

The Arduino requirements seem simple enough - an Uno should be fine and it is the best starter board because most of the software and add-ons work with it.

An Arduino Uno cannot be subjected to voltages outside the range 0 to +5v so you will need some external circuit to adapt your +/- 100v signal to meet that requirement.

What force and displacement sensors are you planning to use? Post links to their datasheets.

You may find some ideas in Planning and Implementing a Program

...R

I am completely new to the field and using Arduino systems. I really appreciate if someone can help me and give me some hints on which board should I chose and what are best components I can get to start my work.

Welcome to the world of Arduinos! :slight_smile:

What you really need is a series of introductory videos that explain some of the typical uses to which an Arduino can be put, including some videos on components and basic hardware that you might need.

If only I could think of such a place ::slight_smile: … oh wait! You can find all this and more simply by following the link in my signature in the footer of this post. Thank Goodness for that. Sorted! Enjoy!