[Need Help] Windsonic Anemometer - Gill insturment

Hello :slight_smile:

I just want to get data from windsonic anemometer using UNO.

I try it using softwareserial, but it doesn’t work…( the result in serial monitor is just -1)

also I tried using if(serial.available()>0) , but still doesnt work. ( It shows the result of )

It works with serial communication, and the output is like this (I tested it with Tera Term)

Q,229,002,74,M,16

I just attached my code too

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial mySerial(10,11); /// is it right with uno?

char z;
void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
Serial.begin(9600);
mySerial.begin(9600);

}

void loop()
{
mySerial.println(“This is MySerial”); // just want to test if mySerial works… but it doesnt show up in the serial monitor…;;?
Serial.println(“This is just Serial”);

z = Serial.read();
Serial.println(z); /// the result is -1…;

if(mySerial.available()>0) //(in the file, i mistakely saved as Serial.available, but I actually tested both Serial.available and mySerial.available)
{
digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(13, LOW);
delay(1000); /// try to test whether the if statemet works. it blinks but stil shows ‘Fail’
Serial.write(mySerial.read());

}
else
Serial.print(“Fail”);

}

v_wind2.ino (732 Bytes)

The Arduino is expecting TTL levels. Depending on the windsonic model, the spec says the output is RS232, RS422 or RS485. If it works with your computer then you probably have the RS232 version, so you'll need an RS232 to TTL converter. Lots on Ebay.

How are you connecting this device, to either your computer or to the Arduino? Post a diagram with the wiring.

mikb55: The Arduino is expecting TTL levels. Depending on the windsonic model, the spec says the output is RS232, RS422 or RS485. If it works with your computer then you probably have the RS232 version, so you'll need an RS232 to TTL converter. Lots on Ebay.

Ah yeah I surely used converter :)

Hi @lsk3411, finally you get data from the anemometer or not?

Thank you so much

Dear, I'm having same problems with same kind of sensor. Did you solve? Thanks!