Need help with a project! All help is appreciated :)

Hi everyone!

I am trying to find out if I could identify objects based on their transmittance/reflectance properties. I have thought out two approaches for the same:

1. Ultrasonic sensor (HC SR04) - I have used this sensor for some of my projects but have been only able to get the Time-of-flight data from this sensor. Is there any method, I could measure the strength of the reflected wave?

2. RF module (433MHz) - These come in a pair of transmitter/receiver but I could not find any articles which could allow me to measure the strength of the received wave.

I am new to this topic so do forgive me if I have made some foolish mistake. Would I require additional components to do this or will it be possible with the original sensors itself?

Thank you so much for the help.

1. Ultrasonic sensor (HC SR04) - I have used this sensor for some of my projects but have been only able to get the Time-of-flight data from this sensor. Is there any method, I could measure the strength of the reflected wave?

Not with that sensor.

1. RF module (433MHz) - These come in a pair of transmitter/receiver but I could not find any articles which could allow me to measure the strength of the received wave.

I'm missing the link to the product you're writing about. There is a myriad of products that match your description.