Need help with adding second shift register to arduino

I need a little help with my coding. But before I start, i should mention that i have no prior knowledge of coding. But I did found this code that I like, it similiar to the audi style sequential lights. So one turns on stay lit and follow by the other 7 on the shift register. Now what I like to do is add a second shift register to it to have a total of 16 LEDs. I’ve tweak the code around alot but like mention with no knowledge of it I was just wasting time. So would anyone know what else to add to it so the the other 8 led on the second shift reg. Will light up right after the first one than cut out all at once?

int latchPin = 5;
int clockPin = 6;
int dataPin = 4;

byte leds = 0;

void setup() 
{
  pinMode(latchPin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(dataPin, OUTPUT);  
  pinMode(clockPin, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() 
{
  leds = 0;
  updateShiftRegister();
  delay(500);
  for (int i = 0; i < 8; i++)
  {
    bitSet(leds, i);
    updateShiftRegister();
    delay(500);
  }
}

void updateShiftRegister()
{
   digitalWrite(latchPin, LOW);
   shiftOut(dataPin, clockPin, LSBFIRST, leds);
   digitalWrite(latchPin, HIGH);
}

We need your wiring diagram please - a hand sketch will do

If you have two chips in series you need to send data twice and the first data is pushed from the first chip into the second chip

Saildude My setup is just like this, but the code I have only works for one shift reg. But once I connect the second one, all it does is mimic the first shift reg.

[img]https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+connect+shift+register+to+arduino&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjBmKfNqYLfAhWm1FkKHXKgA5MQ_AUoAXoECA0QAQ&biw=412&bih=766&dpr=2.63#imgrc=Sl20rwbwJqDfoM[/img]