Need help with Arduino Mega and powering sensors and flow meter

Hello,

I am looking to use an Arduino Mega board with two pressure sensors (electronic pressure sensor) and a flow meter (clamp on micro flow sensor). All three have M12 connectors. The two pressure sensors have analog output 4 to 20mA or 0 to 10V DC, and 18 to 30V DC power required. The flow meter has a 4 to 20mA analog output and a required 20 to 30V DC power requirement. Is this possible to provide power to all three devices from one board? If not, what additional components would I need?

Get a 24 volt supply and a 24 to 5 volt buck converter. That’smlikely cheeper than a comined supply giving both 5 and 24 volt.

Thanks for the pic! The pump has an encoder? What signals does the encoder send out? To vary the speed of the pump You need a driver. What voltage and amperes does the motor use?

Encoder has pin 1 and 4: voltage DC1.3V, current 50mA. Pin 2 and 3: saturation voltage 0.4V; collector current 30mA. Pump is 12VDC.

What information is given by those two pairs of cables? How did You measure those values? Using what ikind of nstrument? With pump motor running or at a stand still?

The outputs of the encoder is a binary signal (hi/lo) that corresponds to the revolutions of the pump. I'm not as concerned about the pump part of the system as much as recording and powering the pressure sensor and flow meter. I will probably have to output the revolutions of the pump separately from the encoder so that will be its own little system with its own with a power supply, board, etc. I think the main thing I am stuck on is if I am able to power and output the data from both pressure sensors and the flow meter using one board and power supply, or how I would go about doing it.

Okey. A 12 volt pump can be controlled via PWM if it is a conventional DC motor and not a brushless motor.
How many amps does it draw ?

I am still only looking for a solution to the external pressure sensors and the flow meter, not for the pump. All pump information will be done separately. My question is more about how to power and connect the pressure sensors and flow meter.

aaa3914: I am still only looking for a solution to the external pressure sensors and the flow meter, not for the pump. All pump information will be done separately. My question is more about how to [u]power and connect the pressure sensors and flow meter.[/u]

As you say ALL have M12 connectors, use the associated cable to connect to your controller and power supply. All sensors can be supplied from the same supply. In practice the cables connect to a terminal strip, then the strip connections go to the controller or power supply respectively. Use a commercially available 24Vdc SMPS to power it, why commercially, because you will be guaranteed low noise, stability and reliability. If the cable is not long and near mains power, use the 0 to 10V outputs of the pressure sensors via a potential divider to the controller, for stability I would suggest to use the controllers internal reference or an external stable reference voltage. The 4 to 20mA loop signal can be read with a shunt resistor converting the current into a voltage for the controller, OR you can invest in a converter module that converts loop current input to voltage output. Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Tom.... :)