Need Help with Arduino Micro Obstacle Avoider (Powering)

I am a 6th grade student, and for my science fair project I am trying to build an obstacle avoider using an Arduino Micro board with a Paralex Ping and 2 bot brain servos.
I have tried powering all of this with two 9 volts (and at one point 3) and all it does when I power it on is the LED turns on for a couple of seconds and then fades away. The servos also engage (move 1 degree as they are supposed to). SOMETIMES the servos may actually move for a few seconds.
Any guidance on what I can do to get enough power to for my project would be greatly appreciated.
I have even tried using the 9 volts to power each part individually. Nothing seems to improve the power or movement.
Thanks for any help.

Small 9V batteries will not give nearly enough current for motors or servos, they are
designed to power transistor radios, not provide several amps needed for your robot.

A stack of good quality rechargable NiMH AA batteries or a LiPo pack is more like it.

Any idea on what the minimum and maximum amps an Arduino Micro can take is?
I have an old 9.6v rechargeable NiCD battery pack I just took out of an old RC car.

The Micro will only draw what needs, 30-40mA.
If you driving a lot of LEDs or something from IO pins, then you may approach the limits of the chip’s VCC lines: # of Vcc pins * 200mA each = 400 mA, with the current spread over the IO ports per the notes after Table 29.2 in the datasheet.
With 9.6V source, the 800mA rated regulator will be getting pretty warm with 400mA of current flow, having to dissipate .4A x 4.6V = 1.84W of power.
If you are powering other 5V devices or 3.3V devices, that is more current draw in addition to what the 32U4 is using as well, along with the power LED.

What would you recommend using as a power source then please.