Need help with Attiny13A INT0 issue

Hello all.
Currently I’m in the Post noob level and I think I need your precious help to go on… :smiley:

so, I’m playing with an ATtiny13A and what I am trying to do is to put it in Sleep and then wake it up
using INT0

What I want to achieve by this is a door open alarm:
so When someone open the door a beeper
will sound as long as the door is open.
when closed beeper will stop, and IC will go to sleep again waiting for the next door opening!

I’m using a Magnetic switch for this attachen on PIN1 (INT0) . when Door is close, switch is open _ - _
when door opens switch will close and make contact _ _ _

my code is:

#include <avr/interrupt.h>
#include <avr/sleep.h>

void setup() 
{
pinMode(1, INPUT_PULLUP); // magn detector
pinMode(4, OUTPUT); // beeper
tone(4,800); //beep once at startup
delay(100);
noTone(4);
}

void loop()
{
 getinsleep(); //go to sleep to save battery life and wait for wake up INT0
 delay(1000); //wait 1 sec to wake up
 beeper();
}

void getinsleep()
{
  ADCSRA &= ~(1<<ADEN); //Disable Digital 
  ACSR = (1<<ACD); //Disable the analog comparator
  DIDR0 = 0x3F; //Disable digital input buffers on all ADC0-ADC5 pins.
  GIMSK |= _BV(INT0); //enable INT0
  sei(); 
  sleep_enable();
  set_sleep_mode(SLEEP_MODE_PWR_DOWN);
  sleep_mode();   // go to sleep and wait for interrupt...
}

ISR(INT0_vect)  
 {
  sleep_disable();  //wake up
 }

void beeper()  //beep for 1 sec
{
 tone(4,2100);
 delay(1000);
 noTone(4);
}

The problem is that beeper sounds only after door closes again and not while it is open… :frowning:

I’m scratching my head for many hours and I cant find out what is wrong…

INT0 is a pin change interrupt. After you wake up, you should continue to monitor the pin and beep until you detect it has changed and then go back to sleep.

If the door remains open, you get one interrupt ( switch closed) and then the state doesn't change so your interrupt doesn't happen again until you open/close the door

You want a beeper to sound when you open the door and stop when you close the door ?
what do you need the ATtiny for ?
Not that i don't want you playing around with it, but you can make the ATtiny play a melody if you like, if you just connect the magnetic switch to the reset pin.

blh64:
INT0 is a pin change interrupt. After you wake up, you should continue to monitor the pin and beep until you detect it has changed and then go back to sleep.

If the door remains open, you get one interrupt ( switch closed) and then the state doesn't change so your interrupt doesn't happen again until you open/close the door

@blh64 Thank you for your quick response.
You are right. This is the problem... but how Should I change this to RISING? Is INT0 able to activate only on RISING?

Deva_Rishi:
You want a beeper to sound when you open the door and stop when you close the door ?
what do you need the ATtiny for ?
Not that i don't want you playing around with it, but you can make the ATtiny play a melody if you like, if you just connect the magnetic switch to the reset pin.

basically, you are right. I could do that.
But I'd like to make it out using the deepSleep and INT0 way because I'm trying to learn how it works.
I have already done this with Arduino UNO.

Finally, When I learn much about this, I'd like to save time/date that the door opened in the EEPROM (if it's possible)
but for now will be ok just using INT0 interrupts correctly.

Gask:
@blh64 Thank you for your quick response.
You are right. This is the problem... but how Should I change this to RISING? Is INT0 able to activate only on RISING?

You can't change it to RISING. Once you wake up, read the state of the pin and react based on if it is LOW or HIGH