Need help with bluetooth.

This is our first project. We need help please.

Our project is a Bluetooth Enabled Door Lock With Arduino + Android. Like this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Bluetooth-Enabled-Door-Lock-With-Arduino-An/

But our problem is it can be open by any android phone. Is there a way that 1 specific phone only can connect to our door lock by programming the arduino to look at the MAC address of the bluetooth of the phone before accepting the data from the phone?

If there is already a thread like this can you kindly post the link. :D Thanks

I suspect the deafening silence is because you are trying to do something that bluetooth isn't designed to do. This doesn't mean it's impossible but rather increases the probability that it is a bad idea.

Having said that, as it stands now, your device should not be openable by any android phone anyway, it should only be openable by any android phone that has been paired with it, and the only way to do that should be by applying a password. In short, if you want it openable by one specific phone, all you need do is to provide the password to the owner of that phone and nobody else.

Nick_Pyner: all you need do is to provide the password to the owner of that phone and nobody else.

and ... I think Bluetooth devices have a default password - that obviously needs to be changed too.

...R

Robin2: obviously needs to be changed

Yes, I'm afraid I forgot that bit...........

Here you go! Goto the Pfod website and use their app if you have an android phone. Sorts out the issue and just about all the coding is there too… I have a more complicated version running on my custom car.

Thanks guys :)