Need help with Bluetooth

Hi guys I'm trying to put steering wheel buttons controlling my tablet in my car my question is how can I connect via Bluetooth for instance can I connect the buttons to a hc-05 and connect that to another hc-05 to control what I want for instance please see picture below

So the receiving Bluetooth module would be connected to the power and volume buttons.

Perhaps you should start by considering what goes on at the tablet end. This might give you some idea about how practical this project is. Using an Arduino to send the button signals via bluetooth is probably quite easy.

Hi guys im trying to add steering wheel controls to my nexus 7 now what im wondering is how do i take the input from the controls which is 1 wire (works on resistance) and translate that on the arduino nano for intance.

The arduino is contantly getting a resistance to 1 pin and then when i push a button it reads what the new resistance is and outputs a signal from another pin which will be connected to my nexus 7 button.

So there will be 1 wire in (resistance) and 3 out to the nexus

Might just be me but I think this is a case where the proverbial picture is worth 1000 words: I didn't follow that at all, sorry.

In particular I don't get this bit:

the input from the controls which is 1 wire (works on resistance)

Can you give us a diagram?

What's a Nexus 7?

So when a button is pressed the resistance changes what i want is for the arduino to recognise the resistance change and then output power to a specific pin to the nexus.

P.s. the resistance amounts are only a guide not the actual amounts.

For some reason it wont let me upload a picture.

But for instance

/<
NEXUS—<----ARDUINO------<R-----|PWR|v+|v-|
_
<____/

So resistance is always 500 unless a button is pressed when pwr is resistance changes to 400
When v+ is pressed resistance changes to 300

Abd when v- is pressed resistance changes to 200

To upload a pic you need to choose Reply not use Quick Reply, then click "Attachments and other options"

THEN once you've posted, right click the pic's name under your post, and save the address. Go into your post with Modify and use the "Insert an Image" icon next to the url chain link, and use the saved address in there. Then your pic will appear in the post.

This complicated way of doing things is one of the many great features of this forum engine 8)

Im using the forum on my phone and it still isnt working but essentially what i frew is what i made with symbols above

Actually let me try to explain a different way

Say i have the signal wire from the controls connected to pin d1. The arduino through d1 is constantly getting the resistance of 500. If i press pwr the resistance then changes to 400 the arduino reads this and closes the circuit between d2 and d3 and keeps the circuit closed as long as the button is pushed. When the button is released the arduino then reads tge resistance of 500 again and opens the circuit. If vol+ is pushed the arduino reads the resistance of 300 and closes the circuit between d4 and d5. Again upon release opens the circuit back up. If vol- is pished the arduino reads the resistance of 200 and closes the circuit between d6 and d7. Again upon release opens the curcuit. Again these resistance amounts are only an example.

Is this possible and how would i do it. Hopefully this is a bit clearer Thanks

Any input anyone? :)

Hi guys i am trying to add steering wheel controls to my nexus 7 i have rewired my nexus for the buttons and need the arduino nano to take the signal from a signal wire that works on resistance to output to the buttons on the nexus.

If I had the signal wire from the steering wheel controls connected to pin d1. The arduino through d1 is constantly getting the resistance of 500. If i press pwr the resistance then changes to 400 the arduino reads this and closes the circuit between d2 and d3 and keeps the circuit closed as long as the button is pushed. When the button is released the arduino then reads tge resistance of 500 again and opens the circuit. If vol+ is pushed the arduino reads the resistance of 300 and closes the circuit between d4 and d5. Again upon release opens the circuit back up. If vol- is pished the arduino reads the resistance of 200 and closes the circuit between d6 and d7. Again upon release opens the curcuit. Again these resistance amounts are only an example.

Is this possible and how would i do it. Hopefully this is a bit clearer Thanks

This tutorial explains how. You can probably find better ones.

Another case for Duplicate posts ? [EDIT]This is the first : https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=392546.0 Moderators, Please have a look at this

[EDIT] I can't remember where in the forum I read about this ^ topic first! I'll try and post a link [EDIT] This guy has posted nearly same thing 5 times Link = https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=472229

[Edit] I've PM'd Nick Gammon about this.

Mack3y41: Hopefully this is a bit clearer

Nope.

What does this even mean?.......

Mack3y41: The arduino through d1 is constantly getting the resistance of 500.

Lots of folk are responding to you and I'm pretty sure we would help if we could, but I for one haven't the foggiest idea what you're trying to explain.

What would be clear, would be a schematic. Please provide one.

MalharD: [Edit] I've PM'd Nick Gammon about this.

That's not fair to Nick. Just click Report to Moderator (I have).

...R

The title of this Thread put me in mind of Psychiatrists :)

...R

Resistance is futile.

I'm going to lock this thread, because it's just too much trouble to merge across different sections.

MalharD: I've PM'd Nick Gammon about this.

You are better off using the "Report to moderator" link. There are other moderators, and if you just choose one, for all you know they have taken the week off.

Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.

Threads merged.