Need help with Error Message

Hi Robin2.

I must be going color blind.

I have corrected the wiring, the data stream is now steady approx; every second, the Serial Monitor reads “Data Sent Message 0 Tx failed”

Regards

Ray

Hi Robin2

Can you still help me?

Ray

I did not see your Post last night - sleep intervened.

In your Reply #15 you said that the connection test program was not working.

Now that you have corrected the wiring Is it working correctly for both Arduinos?

...R

Hi Robin2

Since i corrected the wiring the data stream as slowed down, the serial monitor reads "Data Sent Message 0 Tx failed" on both Arduino's.

Ray

gresleyman:
Since i corrected the wiring the data stream as slowed down, the serial monitor reads “Data Sent Message 0 Tx failed” on both Arduino’s.

I guess that means “No it is not working properly”. Direct answers to questions make it much easier to work towards a solution.

If BOTH Arduinos are producing that message then it looks like you have loaded the SimpleTX program onto both of them. It is not surprising that that would fail. You should have the SimpleRX program on one Arduino and SimpleTX on the other.

…R

Hi Robin2

I have uploaded the Simple Tx & Rx Sketches, when i run them i get “Simple Tx Starting” & “Simple Rx starting” respectively.

I have checked the wiring fully it all seems ok.

Ray

Hi,
How close do you have the NRF units, you may find it better if they are about 1m apart.

Tom... :slight_smile:

Hi TomGeorge.

The NRF units were about 6 inches apart, i have moved them to a meter apart and there has been a change, the Serial Monitor shows "Data Received" very rapidly.

Ray

Hi,
Can you post both your Tx and Rx codes as they have been loaded into your UNOs please.

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Can you post both your Tx and Rx codes as they have been loaded into your UNOs please.

+1

But before doing that, have you tried the "connection test" program in my Tutorial with both of your Arduinos? If the connection test does not work then nothing will work.

And, (apart from the connection test) don't go beyond the SimpleTx and SimpleRx programs until you are sure they are working properly.

...R

Hi Robin2.

OK, but how do i know what is wrong ? i have followed your tutorial, i have done the suggestions of #29 on the same post with your simple sketches on, where is my learning curve now, what articles can i follow, i cannot keep on guessing, i do not have that long to live.

My old Japanese employers used to say "OJT" ("On The Job Training") This is great if you are along side, and being taught by an expert.

They also said things should be self taught, my reply used to be "I could spend a lifetime reading books and going to vivisection classes, but i would never become good enough to be a surgeon, what are colleges and Universities for ? I do not want to be an expert in Arduino & C++, I just want to do stuff i understand, and currently, when having followed everybodies advice to the letter (Except of course a foo pah with colour coded wires) i do not understand why things will not work. You get to wonder if you have purchased a pile of s--t off the internet that does not work, and someone is having a laugh at you because of your lack of knowledge.

Are you from the UK? if yes do you know of any college courses i could take after all the one thing i have is time, but i could due without frustration and bewilderment.

Ray

Hi Robin2.

I have checked the following : -

I get a continuity signal through the wires on my DVM, i have to feel there are no broken wires.

I have re checked the pinout wiring, it is as your sketch on both the Tx & Rx.

Both sketches have uploaded successfully.

I have tried the NRF's together and one meter apart.

The Serial Monitor now reads "Simple Tx Starting" when i view in both Tx & Rx sketches on the IDE.

It Serial Monitor stays on "Simple Tx Starting" and does not alter.??

Ray

Hi,
Can you measure the 3.3V across the 10uF capacitor and make sure it is stable with the codes running?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

The Serial Monitor now reads "Simple Tx Starting" when i view in both Tx & Rx sketches on the IDE.

Are both of the Arduino connected to the same PC ?

If so then you need to start 2 different instances of the IDE rather than starting one and doing file/new for the second. Using 2 different instances allows you to different serial ports for each instead of both copies using the same serial monitor. Is that what you are doing ?

gresleyman:
OK, but how do i know what is wrong ? i have followed your tutorial, i have done the suggestions of #29 on the same post with your simple sketches on, where is my learning curve now, what articles can i follow, i cannot keep on guessing, i do not have that long to live.

You say you have tried the connection test but you have not told us the result. Wireless problems are difficult so it is very important to provide the results of each test.

If the connection tests work and the SimpleTx and the SimpleRX do not work (assuming you did not disconnect the nRF24s after the connection test) then I would expect the problem is due to an inadequate 3.3v power supply or a faulty nRF24

...R
PS ...it is a good idea to depower the Arduino after uploading a program to make sure that the nRF24 resets.

Hi Robin2

The result is at post #31

Ray

Hi All

The voltages are Tx 3.23vdc - Rx 3.25 vdc.

I have two IDE's open on the same pc.

Tx Serial Monitor Reads "Simple Tx started"

Rx Serial Monitor eads "Data Received" but is very fast.

Ray

gresleyman:
Hi Robin2

The result is at post #31

Ray

Not as far as I can see. All you have said is that the programs uploaded correctly. You have not told us whether the connection test program gives a result that shows that the two Arduinos are properly communicating with their nRF24s.

Rx Serial Monitor eads "Data Received" but is very fast.

That is usually caused by incorrect communication between the Arduino and its nRF24 - as explained in my Tutorial.

And I have just now checked that incorrect communication is also the cause of the SimpleTX program doing nothing after it prints "Simple Tx started"

...R

I have two IDE's open on the same pc

Do each of them use a different COM port ?

Hi All

UKheliBob, the two Arduinos have a com port each.

Robin2 the communication between Arduinos does not work, is not working, what else would you like to know?

Ray