Need help with GSM/GPS tracking system

I ordered a GSM breakout board from amazon and a Ting card from Adafruit to make a car tracker (in case mine was ever stolen, highly modded hot-rod). In testing basic calling and sms commands the board would work sometimes then just stop working all together. So I broke down and bought a metro and Fona 808 shield (gsm and gps). This board, in testing, works everytime! 1st problem solved. My skill with coding is if I see a similar project I can understand what the code is doing but if I try to add code I usually screw the whole thing up. I am basically just wanting to call my projects gsm card with a password (found plenty of tutorials on this) and get back the coordinates (Longitude and latitude) sms messaged back to the same phone number. thats it. If possible add in a google maps link. However the ones I look up either dont work at all when i upload them. or they are (like the Adafuit tutorial) a GPS fence. Where it only sms the coordinates if the imaginary gate is broken. Does anyone have a suggestion to a project I could use or help me with this? It seams pretty simple, 2 commands... 1. listen for this "password" sms 2. If password is correct , sms back to the same number (or one hard coded) the gps longitude and latitude.

Yet I never get a response when I upload any of the tutorial codes that I modify to my phone number and try. Maybe someone with more experience could pick out a project online that would defiantly work with my setup. and I could try it and report back what happens, or doesnt happen.

Almost forgot why I posted this in the GIGS section. If someone could write this code for me I would be willing to give them $50. But it needs to work with my board.

However the ones I look up either dont work at all when i upload them. or they are (like the Adafuit tutorial) a GPS fence.

Removing the "fence" part is trivial. But, that would mean that you'd get a text message every second, saying "here I am", while the car was parked inside the chop shop. Probably not what you want.

So, you need to define WHEN you want a text message, in much more detail than "when I send it a message". "Where are you" "Here I am" ... "Where are you" "Here I am" ... will get old REAL quick.

Yet I never get a response when I upload any of the tutorial codes that I modify to my phone number and try.

Without seeing the code, knowing what you do, knowing what it actually does, and knowing how that differs from what you expect, wen can't tell you why your expectations are wrong and how to align them with reality (or how to change the code to match your expectations).