Need help with how to program ps3 controller to control stepper motors

Hi,Im building a Rework station with arduino mega2560 + ramps 1.4 using marlin firmware. I have a problem, i want to use PS3 Controller to control stepper motors and i don't find anywhere how to use PS3 controller with marlin firmware, i only found about lcd + encoder, but i really want to try PS3 controller to control the x,y-axis. Does anyone have experience with this?

The marlin program is very complex. You should seek advice either from the authors or maybe on the RepRap Forum, where it is widely used.

The Arduino Forum is principally about helping people write their own programs.

If you propose to control the motors with your PS3 controller do you need marlin at all?

...R

Hi Robin2, I need to integrate with marlin, but i can write my own program separate and after integrate with marlin. The problem is how to write my own program to use ps3 controller to control stepper motors. Can you help me? Regards, Guilherme

guilhermearaujo: The problem is how to write my own program to use ps3 controller to control stepper motors. Can you help me? Regards

I don't know anything about the PS3 controller but it pops up regularly in Forum Threads - use Google.

I know how to write code to control a stepper motor - but not with Marlin.

You have not told us what you want the PS3 to do and what you want Marlin to do.

...R

circuits@home has a usb host shield.. and lots of talk of PS/XBOX controllers..etc

Robin2, Im building a rework bga/smd station with arduino mega 2560 + ramps 1.4. I need to use ps3 controller to control x,y,z axis. At now im using the software Repetier with marlin firmware, but to control stepper motors with greater precision , I need to use the Ps3 controller or other joystick that connects with arduino . because i can't look at the board and move the axis by the computer at the same time. And using the ps3 controller i can move the axis without looking the ps3 controller.

regards, Guilherme

Your Reply #5 does not describe the different roles of Marlin and the PS3 controller.

It seems to me that you want to use the PS3 controller to generate "instructions" to send to Marlin so that the Marlin code can make the stepper motors move.

I don't know how to do that because (as said already) I don't know the PS3 and I don't know Marlin.

If you are trying to do something with the PS3 controller that does NOT use Marlin to control the motors I may be able to help with part of it.

...R

xl97:
circuits@home has a usb host shield… and lots of talk of PS/XBOX controllers…etc

thanks xl97, i will take a look at this site.