Need help with my new autonomous proyect

A few months ago I make an autonomous rover with GPS and some distance sensors. I want to improve the hardware because I got a lot of problems with the wires from the distance sensors as well as with the GPS.
So I thought buying some arduino shields. I thought using the adafruit motorshield, gpsshield also from adafruit and the xbee shield.

But how do I know if they are compatible with each other?

PS: I was thincking to use a arduino mega R3.

Thank you.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

A few months ago I make an autonomous rover with GPS and some distance sensors.

You can begin by showing us what hardware and software you have at the moment that is functioning.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Tom... :)

PS: I was thincking to use a arduino mega R3.

Both the GPS and XBee need serial ports. This would work better with a board with multiple hardware serial ports.

The motor shield (I2C) and the SD card (SPI) should work together and with the other shields.

But how do I know if they are compatible with each other?

Go to Adafruit and read the pages related to the shields. Note which pins (interfaces) are used and look for conflicts.

The mega is a good choice for experimentation that require several attachments. I used mine with a mega sensor shield that was great since I had a project that required a few serial ports, I2C, servos and several analog pins. When i started off with arduino, i purchased several shields too, but later found that they were too bulky especially as I move to smaller and smaller size.