Need help with my project

Hi,
I am currently working on a project which involves controlling switches to turn ON/OFF loads (Each load is a LED+resistor pair in series; all loads are in parallel).
So basically, i need a microcontroller that can take a voltage (read from a voltage sensor connected to a Lipo battery), and compares it to a set reference value, and turn on/off the switches accordingly. Also since i am using this charge controller board for charging the battery, there are a few LEDs on the board that indicate the charging status, and i would like to reuse it. So i need the microcontroller to somehow read the LEDs and also turn on/off the switches depending on the status of the LEDs.

My description might not be very clear...i apologize.... this is my first time working on a project like this. But does anyone have any suggestions on which board i should purchase?

Thanks
Shirley

Use a UNO.
However you have not said how many LEDs you want to drive nor what voltage the input sensor gives you. You will need to know these things.

If the voltages to be read are all under 5V, than a development board like the Uno can do what you need (and if higher, some external resistors will be needed). You can use it as 2 analog inputs and 18 digital IO pins, or 16 and leave 2 free for the serial monitor to help with debugging.
If the voltages on the LEDs switch below ~1.5V and above ~3.5V, you can read them as digital lows & highs.

CrossRoads:
If the voltages on the LEDs switch below ~1.5V and above ~3.5V, you can read them as digital lows & highs.

I am not sure about this... where can i find this information? I am using the 390USB,DC and solar Lipoly charger from Adafruit.

Thanks
Shirley

Use a multimeter & measure them.