Need help with my project!

Hi,

My name is Luc Mulder and I am from the Netherlands and study mechatronics. For my internship i have to do a project. Due to coronavirus I have to stay home but i still need to do my project in order to graduate.

My Project
My project is to make a device that measures the pressure in bars, counts how many time the pump pumps and what the pumps status is (if its either filling or pumping) and maybe even how much it pumps without using a flow meter.

Condensate pump
The pump that I am talking about is a special mechanical condensate pump (Picture in attached files), steam is used during the process of making plastic foil and whenever steam gets cooled down i turn in to condensate witch is later used to make steam again. The way the pump works is: condensate flows through the first one way valve and fills up the tank, while the tank is filling up air escapes though the venting port, whenever the ball in the tank hits the mechanical end-switch the venting port closes and the steam valve opens and pushes the condensate through the second one way valve out of the tank to the steam generators.

Components
The way I want to make it is to use an Arduino, SBC-LCD 20x4 Display module to read of the values. and a pressure transmitter that outputs between 0.5 and 5 volts.

My experience with Arduino
I know the basics I also have done the whole starter-kit but still struggle to code by myself. currently I am working on a omni directional robot at school with some classmates and I learn a lot from them! I have watched a lot of tutorials how to code and LCD screen and a pressure transmitter like these ones Arduino LCD Tutorial | How To Control An LCD - YouTube and Connection and Programming of SKU237545 Pressure Sensor - YouTube but find it hard to make my own working

My question to you
My question to you if you guys can help me out writing the code and give me tips!

BIG THANKS!

condenzaatpomp.jpg

Moved your topic to it's current location as it is more suitable.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

That looks like a non return valve rather than a pump.

You need to check if it’s ok to pay someone to write software for your project with your tutor . People here will only offer ( free) help if you stuck on some particular detail.

Image from Original Post so we don't have to download it. See this Simple Image Posting Guide

condenzaatpomp.jpg

...R

lucmulder:
My question to you
My question to you if you guys can help me out writing the code and give me tips!

If you have a program that has an error or is not quite working properly we will try to help if you post the code.

However if what you really want is someone to write the program so you can get enough points to graduate by cheating then I'm afraid you have come to the wrong place.

...R

i have not made this post asking if some to write a code for me. i am asking for help and i am trying to learn. so i can do it myself!

Post the code you have so far please.
And refer the the links you were first given.

Bob.

lucmulder:
I have not made this post asking if some to write a code for me. I am asking for help and I am trying to learn. so I can do it myself!

It's not at all clear then what you want. This web site, the Arduino IDE and elsewhere is full of tutorials and other help to get you started and learning. The idea is you follow those then when you get stuck ask for help about the thing you are stuck on. If you are not asking us to do it for you but you've not tried the tutorials and got stuck with something then there isn't much help anyone can give.

What have you tried?

Where are your code attempts?

What are you stuck on?

"I have watched a lot of tutorials how to code and LCD screen and a pressure transmitter like these ones Arduino LCD Tutorial | How To Control An LCD - YouTube and Connection and Programming of SKU237545 Pressure Sensor - YouTube but find it hard to make my own working"

Well, that is what you start working with. I haven't looked at the videos to see the quality, so what have you done/tried that hasn't worked?