NEED HELP with. New Smart little turtle robot v2.0

Recently purchased the smart little turtle robot V2.0 for my 12 year old, it is all assembled right. But I cant get it to do anything, have I missed something.
I am new to arduino and have tried to follow all the guides. When I go to upload a program (via usb) on to the robot I get a variety of different error messages.
When I try with bluetooth I can pair and connect to the robot, but it doesn't appear to be connect right (the red light just continues to flash).
Any help anyone can give me would be apprieciated.
I am located in Adelaide, South Australia and would be interested in catching up with someone nearby that has got one of these working.

For instance????

example 1

error message example 2

Arduino: 1.8.14 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Sketch uses 924 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

Problem uploading to board. See https://support.arduino.cc/hc/en-us/sections/360003198300 for suggestions.

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xd0

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Please post a link to your robot.

Questions :wink:

• Did you select the correct board under Tools -> Board in the IDE?
  • Did you select the correct COM port under Tools -> Ports in the IDE?
  • What does Windows device manager think about your board; do you get a port under Ports (COM & LPT) ? Or something somewhere with a yellow exclamation mark when you connect (e.g. under Universal Serial Bus Controllers).

Notes:

1. Screenshots of errors are of no use. Use the "copy error messages" button at the right in the orange bar). I think that you saw the light in post #6 :wink: Also, please post errors using code tags (see (2) below).
  2. If you get compiler errors, please post your code. Please use code tags when posting code (the </> button above the reply window).

Never follow that advise unless specifically asked; in general it just generates a lot of non-relevant information.
It's actually a mistake in the IDE and should be "Show verbose output during upload".

Yes. I have the right board selected, however it is possible that it wasn't the first time we tried to upload.
Windows picks it up as COM 5 so that is what I selected.
The device manager has no yellow exclamation on it.
I am not sure what you mean by using code tags.
I have now turned on "show verbose during compilation.

UPDATE
there is a secondary circuit board that connects on top of the arduino board, which is meant to control the robot, when I disconnect everything on that board it gets "done uploading" message, but it still doesnt do anything

Please follow the advice given in the link below when posting code, in particular the section entitled 'Posting code and common code problems'

Use code tags (the </> icon above the compose window) to make it easier to read and copy for examination

It makes it easier to read, easier to copy and prevents the forum software from incorrect interpretation of the code. Just an example of the latter below were [] changes to

Without code tags

char text = "abc";

With code tags

char text[] = "abc";

Good find :+1: It would indicate (on e.g. an Uno, Nano, ProMini or Mega) that the additional board uses the TX and RX pins which will interfere with uploads.

We still don't have a link to your robot; we also can't see your code :wink: And an important question (when talking about motors) is how everything is powered.

FURTHER UPDATE.
The secondary circuit board has a bluetooth dongle inserted.
If we remove the bluetooth dongle we get the "done uploading" message everytime.
However even after it is done uploading the robot still does nothing. Do I need to do anything to make it start

"We still don't have a link to your robot; we also can't see your code" I am not sure how to do this

:+1:

1. How to post code was explained.
  2. For a link to the robot, just type the URL in a post.

Is it this one?

https://wiki.keyestudio.com/Ks0364_keyestudio_Smart_Little_Turtle_Robot_V2.0

Yes that is it.

it is working now, yeah!

So what was wrong?

If your issue was solved, click the Solution checkbox under the most usefull post to let others know.

Once we managed to upload we had a problem in the code.
Once we fixed the error in the code it was working

What was the problem and what was the fix ?