Need help with Rs232 to display board

I'm kinda newbie to arduino. My idea is I would like to receive data through rs232 from pc and transfer it to p4.75 display panel board through arduino. What should i prepare to do this?

What is a p4.75 display panel board? Post a link or a data sheet.

Is the RS232 real RS232 (±12V) or "TTL RS232" (0 and 5V)?

Please read and follow the How to get the best out of this forum sticky. It makes it easier on every one if we don't have to waste time finding out fundamental information.

groundFungus:
What is a p4.75 display panel board? Post a link or a data sheet.

Is the RS232 real RS232 (±12V) or "TTL RS232" (0 and 5V)?

Please read and follow the How to get the best out of this forum sticky. It makes it easier on every one if we don't have to waste time finding out fundamental information.

Below is the link for display panel board:
Panel Board Link

and for the RS232 is real RS232

As the board takes a variety of inputs including HDMI you might be better off with a raspberry pi , which already has that as an output .

You will need level shifting for the RS232 , google MAX232

I wouldn’t class this as an easy project

hammy:
As the board takes a variety of inputs including HDMI you might be better off with a raspberry pi , which already has that as an output .

You will need level shifting for the RS232 , google MAX232

I wouldn’t class this as an easy project

currently i have an arduino uno board with a FT232RL - FTDI....does it same as MAX 232?

kalvin666:
currently i have an arduino uno board with a FT232RL - FTDI....does it same as MAX 232?

Not the same at all! The MAZ 232 is a voltage level converter, The
USB Full Speed to Serial UART IC, Includes Oscillator and EEPROM, SSOP-28
USB 2.0 Slave to UART Converter

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Not the same at all! The MAZ 232 is a voltage level converter, The
USB Full Speed to Serial UART IC, Includes Oscillator and EEPROM, SSOP-28
USB 2.0 Slave to UART Converter

Paul

oh i see.... So what I need now is an arduino board, a MAX 232 and a shift register?

kalvin666:
oh i see.... So what I need now is an arduino board, a MAX 232 and a shift register?

Makes no difference if you cannot interface properly to the display you linked to. Worry about that first.
The link you gave listed the possible interfaces.
Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Makes no difference if you cannot interface properly to the display you linked to. Worry about that first.
The link you gave listed the possible interfaces.
Paul

what do you mean by interface?

kalvin666:
what do you mean by interface?

interface (noun) : the place at which independent and often unrelated systems meet and act on or communicate with each other

interface (verb) : the means by which interaction or communication is achieved at an interface

I seriously doubt an Arduino is going to cut it for this.

so what i need to do currently is to make the arduino work with the LED panel board?

kalvin666:
so what i need to do currently is to make the arduino work with the LED panel board?

What makes you think the Arduino is capable of driving that LED panel board?

Check this link, there may be something there you can use:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/rgb-panel-hookup-guide/all

Blackfin:
Check this link, there may be something there you can use:

RGB Panel Hookup Guide - learn.sparkfun.com

Thank you sir

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.