Need help with stepmotor

Hi, i have to make a step motor do a 360 spin in 8 steps. can anyone help me do this? i have never programmed or used a step motor before so im really lost. i've looked at examples but i dont understand them

i have to make a step motor do a 360 spin in 8 steps.

Is your stepper motor capable of this? Most stepper motors step in 1.8 degree steps, not 45 degree steps.

Which stepper motor do you have?

Which stepper motor driver do you have?

What have you tried to do?

When is our homework due?

i thought that i could control its position. one with 4 wires and i tried running a modified version of the example that arduino has and i managed to make it rotate but it got stucked sometimes so idk if i did it right or wrong

i thought that i could control its position.

Relative to what? You can make it rotate in fixed amounts. You can't control it's position, since you have no frame of reference and nothing to measure with.

one with 4 wires

Well, that certainly answers my question.

and i tried running a modified version of the example that arduino has

Which example? Arduino has hundreds of examples provided and on the forum and playground. Modified in what way?

i managed to make it rotate but it got stucked sometimes so idk if i did it right or wrong

Do you suppose that stepper motors are supposed to get "stucked" sometimes? If so, then you did it right. If not, then you did it wrong. Whatever "it" is.

Post a link to the stepper motor you have. Post a link to the stepper motor driver that you have. Post a picture of the stepper motor connected to the stepper motor driver and the stepper motor driver connected to the Arduino. Post your code.

Describe what happens in as much detail as you can. "It got stucked sometimes" is not very useful. "After 20 seconds of rotation, the stepper motor stopped moving, and the driver chip started to smoke" is much more useful.

What is the stepper motor doing? Just spinning around waving a tape flag? Or is it trying to actually do something?

The more information you provide, the greater the chances of getting some help.