Need help with very basic programing. please help!

I'm an art student who is working on a project that includes the use of an Adruino. I'm trying to make 10 LEDs to Lighten and Dim, one right after another, with about a second of relapse in between.

Electronics are extremely foreign to me. So if anyone can please help me out. How would I code it? How would I make it work?

The timing would be something like this: 123 123 123 123 123 123 ...... etc.

Really really appreciate who ever that helps! Thank you.

There are two parts to your problem. The hardware side - connecting the LEDs to the Arduino - and the software side - writing the code to turn the LEDs on and off at regular intervals.

Have you got the hardware working? Which pins are the LEDs connected to?

I'm not understanding how you want the LEDs to light up. Try something like this:

LED 1 is turned on. Wait (some length of time). LED 2 is turned on. LED 1 is turned off. Wait (some length of time). LED 3 is turned on. LED 2 is turned off. Wait (some length of time). LED 4 is turned on. LED 3 is turned off. Wait (some length of time). LED 5 is turned on. LED 4 is turned off. Wait (some length of time). LED 6 is turned on. LED 5 is turned off. Wait (some length of time). ...

If this is not what you want, try describing the problem using steps like these.

Your description is correct. That is what I am looking for. However, I am hoping each LED light to have about one second overlap with each other.

Also, I understand there are 2 parts to the problem. To be honest I do not know how to solve either. So if possible, I would love to have some help. That is if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!

So basically LED 1 is turned on. Wait (3 sec.). LED 2 is turned on. LED 1 is turned off. Wait (3 sec). LED 3 is turned on. LED 2 is turned off. Wait (3 sec). LED 4 is turned on. LED 3 is turned off. Wait (3 sec). LED 5 is turned on. LED 4 is turned off. Wait (3 sec). LED 6 is turned on. LED 5 is turned off. Wait (3 sec).

So:
LED 1 on. Wait 1 sec.
LED 2 on. Wait 1 sec.
LED 1 off. LED 3 on. Wait 1 sec.
LED 2 off. LED 4 on. Wait 1 sec.

LED 8 off. LED 10 on. Wait 1 sec.
LED 9 off. LED 1 on. Wait 1 sec.
LED 10 off. LED 2 on. Wait 1 sec.

If this is what you want, you can see a pattern. LED n is turned on. LED m (=n-2) is turned off. If n > 10, n = n % 10. If m < 0, m = m + 10.

Use a for loop.

for(byte i=1; i<=10; i++)
{
   byte onIndex = i % 10;
   byte offIndex = onIndex - 2;
   if(offIndex < 0)
     offIndex += 10;

digitalWrite(ledPin[onIndex], HIGH);
   digitalWrite(ledPin[offIndex], LOW);
   delay(1000);
}

This supposes that you have defined an array of LED pins, called ledPin, containing the numbers of the LED pins.

Thanks! Really appreciate the help.