NEED HELP WORKING RGB LIGHTS FROM ARDUINO UNO

i have this RGB light strip https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXHUG4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wired up to an arduino uno and i can not figure out how to make all the lights stay a solid red i got an animated light show working but i have googled and tried everything please help

Hi Alex.

Post your best attempt at the code to make all the LEDs red and we will help you fix it.

Please read the forum sticky post before you post again. It will tell you how to post links correctly, and code, and about SHOUTING and using sentences.

i have no idea what to do all i have been able to find instruction wise is to make them animate and move and things like that and no example code of just all the lights one solid colour and if i had an example to go from i would be able to understand it more. is there any way you could send me some code that makes all lights one colour or some clear instructions on how to do so because then if i had that i could understand how that works then use that to do more.

Then post the shortest code you have, that works. We can help you modify that.

There must be loads of code examples for WS2812B strips, like on Adafruit, surely?

Also, show us how things are wired.

How many pixels on your strip?

is there any way you could send me some code that makes all lights one colour

This is basically the code in the Adafruit Neopixel example folder, the one called “simple”
You will have to change the number after the word NUMPIXELS to the number of LEDs you have.

// NeoPixel Ring simple sketch (c) 2013 Shae Erisson
// released under the GPLv3 license to match the rest of the AdaFruit NeoPixel library

#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>
#ifdef __AVR__
  #include <avr/power.h>
#endif

// Which pin on the Arduino is connected to the NeoPixels?
// On a Trinket or Gemma we suggest changing this to 1
#define PIN            6

// How many NeoPixels are attached to the Arduino?
#define NUMPIXELS      16

// When we setup the NeoPixel library, we tell it how many pixels, and which pin to use to send signals.
// Note that for older NeoPixel strips you might need to change the third parameter--see the strandtest
// example for more information on possible values.
Adafruit_NeoPixel pixels = Adafruit_NeoPixel(NUMPIXELS, PIN, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

int delayval = 500; // delay for half a second

void setup() {
  pixels.begin(); // This initializes the NeoPixel library.

// this sets all the LEDs to a green colour
  for(int i=0;i<NUMPIXELS;i++){
    // pixels.Color takes RGB values, from 0,0,0 up to 255,255,255
    pixels.setPixelColor(i, pixels.Color(0,150,0)); // Moderately bright green color.
  }
    pixels.show(); // This sends the updated pixel color to the hardware.
}

void loop() {  
}