need help

i need some ideas, ive tried everything ive ever came up with and ideas i found on the internet arent really grabbing my attention. this technically counts as advice right?

What are you talking about?

Like an idea, what should i do next? i personally have no clue. Ive done all sorts of things like a night light, keyboard, distance and temp sensor, and now idk what to do now

Make a robot then, get something moving, follow a path, avoid obstacles.

i can use regular DC motors for the wheels right? i dont have typical motors for a robot nor a chassis. i have sticks and hot glue tho

Continuous rotation servos would be a good choice for driving the wheels because they are mechanically simple and easy to code for. With DC motors you also need h-bridge driver boards.

DO NOT power any motor or servo from the Arduino 5v pin - it cannot provide enough current.

...R

if you are looking for ideas, you should tell us where you live.

soil monitoring and watering plants
data logging temperatures and how much water is used (pump or valve run time)

I like heliostats. a mirror that follows the sun and shines light into your house

for me, a water sensor in the basement, a valve on the house to shut of the water when a leak occurs

how about indoor outdoor temp sensors, when it is colder outside, open the windows (if you live in the northern hemisphere as we are experiencing summer now.)

check out stair lights. these are really cool. you could make a driveway version or a walk up to the house.

energy monitor for the house. use a data logger and record when the heater or A/C starts and stops.

" i have sticks and hot glue tho".... ?? Does that count as semiconductors?

Go to the playground and try duplicating. Then use your imagination.

Well dave-in-nj i live in Wyoming and i dont deal with farming or gardens, but what would i need for some home automation, the closest thing i have to automation is some LDRs and a TMP36.

Mike44449: i need some ideas, ive tried everything ive ever came up with and ideas i found on the internet arent really grabbing my attention. this technically counts as advice right?

I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science? - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Ideas usually emerge out of need.

The needs of the Forum readers (for large shrimps ?) are probably quite different from yours.

Don't waste time trying to think of a SUPER project. Just do whatever occurs to you. As you gain more experience the ideas will emerge.

Some golfer (Lee Trevino ?) is supposed to have said "the more I practice the luckier I get"

...R

chick coup sensor, door opener/closer water pump controller for livestock water tanks

weather station

alarm clock, auto daylight savings change over 365 day alarm setting. with voice. set for aug 11 2016 to remind you of the perseid meteor shower.

telescope tracking