Need Help :(

so im making this project with nrf24 and what i would like to do is something like this. its like an emergency alert system where nrf24 receiver will be placed along lamp post in a specific area. then people will be given a device with nrf24 as transmitter and when they press the button on the device and they are within the range of a receiver, it will be then be displayed in a pc that will display the info of a person and also the location of the receiver that received the alert. can someone guide me how to start. ALSO the transmitter of each person should be unique so that when they press it, their info will be displayed on the pc as server.

uwabara:
so im making this project with nrf24 and what i would like to do is something like this. its like an emergency alert system where nrf24 receiver will be placed along lamp post in a specific area. then people will be given a device with nrf24 as transmitter and when they press the button on the device and they are within the range of a receiver, it will be then be displayed in a pc that will display the info of a person and also the location of the receiver that received the alert. can someone guide me how to start. ALSO the transmitter of each person should be unique so that when they press it, their info will be displayed on the pc as server.

Guide you?

Plenty of tutorials on the nRF24 with Arduino.

I suggest you start reading them!

Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

...R

thank you sir, do you think it will be effective even if i use it outside? nrf24 i mean

what would be the maximum distance you would expect between the receiver on the lampost and the transmitters?
how will the receiver on the lampost communicate with the PC ?
have you considered Lora?

uwabara:
thank you sir, do you think it will be effective even if i use it outside? nrf24 i mean

They are more effective outside because there is less to interfere with the wireless signal.

I have successfully tested a pair of low-power nRF24 modules (with the PCB antenna) at a range of 110 metres outside with clear line of sight. The high-power modules (with external antenna) will have a much greater range.

However 2.4GHz wireless is easily obstructed by vegetation and buildings.

...R

horace:
what would be the maximum distance you would expect between the receiver on the lampost and the transmitters?
how will the receiver on the lampost communicate with the PC ?
have you considered Lora?

for the transmitter to receiver, i need atleast 10 to 15 meters. for the receivers on the lampost, their range with each other should be atleast 20 meters but it could be great if it would be higher. im gonna be using a mesh network for the receivers and still figuring out how to code this. do you think this is possible?

Robin2:
They are more effective outside because there is less to interfere with the wireless signal.

I have successfully tested a pair of low-power nRF24 modules (with the PCB antenna) at a range of 110 metres outside with clear line of sight. The high-power modules (with external antenna) will have a much greater range.

However 2.4GHz wireless is easily obstructed by vegetation and buildings.

...R

im going to use it in a barangay and need atleast 20 meters in range. i also used an arduino uno for the nrf24l01 but my problem now is what power source to use. Is 2 AA batteries enough? i read in some post that this what they used to power up their project but i need to also power up the arduino. any recommendations sir? Thank you sir

uwabara:
im going to use it in a barangay and need atleast 20 meters in range. i also used an arduino uno for the nrf24l01 but my problem now is what power source to use. Is 2 AA batteries enough? i read in some post that this what they used to power up their project but i need to also power up the arduino. any recommendations sir? Thank you sir

I don't know what a "barangay" is and it is not in my dictionary.

20 metres should be possible, but the only way to be sure is by testing.

You can't power a 5v Arduino using 2 x AA cells. However if you use a 3.3v Arduino or if (as I do) you build an 8MHz Atmega 328 on a piece of stripboard then you could power everything from 2 x AA cells. The advantage of using the Atmega 328 is that it has no energy-wasting attachments.

...R

Robin2:
I don't know what a "barangay" is and it is not in my dictionary.

20 metres should be possible, but the only way to be sure is by testing.

You can't power a 5v Arduino using 2 x AA cells. However if you use a 3.3v Arduino or if (as I do) you build an 8MHz Atmega 328 on a piece of stripboard then you could power everything from 2 x AA cells. The advantage of using the Atmega 328 is that it has no energy-wasting attachments.

...R

barangay = residential community. if ever i will pursue with using arduino, what source can you recommend? and also, for the atmega, will i be only using this as my mc and where would i code this?

uwabara:
if ever i will pursue with using arduino, what source can you recommend? and also, for the atmega, will i be only using this as my mc and where would i code this?

I don't understand and I don't want to give a misleading answer.

In my own mind I don't distinguish between an Atmega328 and an Arduino - they program is the same but they are physically different.

...R

Robin2:
I don't understand and I don't want to give a misleading answer.

In my own mind I don't distinguish between an Atmega328 and an Arduino - they program is the same but they are physically different.

...R

ok sir thank you, if you may suggest some links about creating a mesh network for nrf it would be much appreciated. ( i already found some but it lacks explanation so i confuse myself) thank you so much sir for the help.

uwabara:
ok sir thank you, if you may suggest some links about creating a mesh network for nrf it would be much appreciated.

I have nothing to suggest. I have never needed it. Why do you think you would need it?

AFAIK there are examples on the TMRh20 documentation pages.

,,,R