Need higher voltage on the digital output pins

How can I get at lease 6 volts out at the digital out put pins?

You can't. Use an external driver for that.

If, for example, you want to switch a 12 volt device from an Arduino, you could do this at a minimum using an npn transistor and a resistor. Google for “transistor as low side switch”.

Chert:

Run the processor at 6 volts. :slight_smile:

Ah, the old x-y problem again. It would be far better if you tell us why you need a 6 volt output than ask us how to do it.

Why? Because without explaining why you need 6 volts, we’ll end up playing “20 questions” and in the end find out your idea that needs 6 volts isn’t a solution, just part of a larger problem.

For example, are you trying to control a motor? If so, you need to know more than just how to turn 6 volts on and off.

aarg:
Run the processor at 6 volts. :slight_smile:

No datasheet at hand, but I suspect that nitrogen cooling might be useful in that case :smiley:

sterretje:
No datasheet at hand, but I suspect that nitrogen cooling might be useful in that case :smiley:

The 328 is spec'd for 6V max. No cyrogenics required. :slight_smile:

6 V is the absolute maximum rating, not suitable for continuous operation.

Note: Stresses beyond those listed under “Absolute Maximum Ratings” may cause permanent damage to the device. This is a stress rating only and functional operation of the device at these or other conditions beyond those indicated in the operational sections of this specification is not implied. Exposure to absolute maximum rating conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.