Need more kind of different sensors for data logging

Hello, I’m making a project that will log as much data possible of what is around it with an atmega328 + sensors.

So far, the sensors I got are:
-An LDR
-Temperature and Humidity module
-GPS module that provides coordinates and some other interesting stuff
-Gyroscope+Accelerometer module
-PIR Motion Sensor module
-A knock sensor
-Barometric pressure sensor
-An external voltage reference to monitor the battery voltage
-An RTC

What I’d like to add later on:
-A decibel (dB) sound level
-MQ-x Gas sensors. ← current issue, they consume a lot of power because they have to warm up.
-Wifi and Bluetooth modules
-Tilt sensor
-IR Receiver and Transmitter

All this data gets logged it a SD card.
Keep in mind that all this is also being powered by batteries, therefore, I cannot have something that eats up a lot of power.
This will not be constantly powered on. It will be turning on for example once an hour, hopefully for a period under a minute and then it sleeps. After a day or so, I should be able to graph the collected data.

The objective is to record into an SD card everything of what is going on around it. Also, this is an indoor project.

What other sensors could I apply to this?

What's the goal of your project ?

If it's just producing data, check these

http://www.adafruit.com/category/35 https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/23?page=all

Simpson_Jr: What's the goal of your project ?

If it's just producing data, check these

http://www.adafruit.com/category/35 https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/23?page=all

Great links! The goal is to make a compact box that will record/log everything that happens around it to an SD card so that later I can make a graph with the recorded data. For reference, the box is the size of a kitchen bread toaster.

which board are you using

mushahidq: which board are you using

Board? If you're talking about arduino, I'm currently using the uno r3. If by board you meant board sensors, I'm using individual modules for each sensors, they don't came together.

The tilt sensor is redundant if you have a 3-axis accelerometer.

I didn't see a magnetometer listed. You can get a 3-axis magnetometer for about $3.

I'm not sure if there are low power radiation detectors or not. If so this could be interesting.

You could increase the light sensor capability by using multiple sensors with different filters. You can get filters which only allow specific wavelengths.

I believe there are UV detectors. I think Adafruit sells these.

DuaneDegn: The tilt sensor is redundant if you have a 3-axis accelerometer.

I didn't see a magnetometer listed. You can get a 3-axis magnetometer for about $3.

I initially added the tilt sensor to activate the accelerometer because I could not make it go idle and I could not make it low power mode, something that I'm looking into. Please let me know if you know how.

Also, about the magnetometer, something like this?

Thanks!

Pringles: I initially added the tilt sensor to activate the accelerometer because I could not make it go idle and I could not make it low power mode, something that I'm looking into. Please let me know if you know how.

I've used a few difference accelerometers but I have no idea which one you are using.

Pringles: Also, about the magnetometer, something like this?

Wow! 99 cents shipped! I purchased a few for $2.42 and I thought that was a great deal.

My mind is spinning with the possibilities of using a bunch of magnetometers in some sort of array.

Thanks for the link.

DuaneDegn:
I’ve used a few difference accelerometers but I have no idea which one you are using.

Wow! 99 cents shipped! I purchased a few for $2.42 and I thought that was a great deal.

My mind is spinning with the possibilities of using a bunch of magnetometers in some sort of array.

Thanks for the link.

I have a MPU-6050. What do you think?

What would you do with an array that you cannot do with one? Just curious.

No Problem :wink:

Pringles: I have a MPU-6050. What do you think?

I have several MPU6050 sensors. I've only played with them a bit. I have no idea how one would use it low power mode (or if it has one). I was very positively impressed by the sensor's performance.

Pringles: What would you do with an array that you cannot do with one? Just curious.

I was thinking 100 of them could be arranged in 1m x 1m grid spaced 10cm apart. I should be able to check the magnetic fields in this 1m x 1m area very quickly. I could monitor the 1 meter squared area continuously. It might be interesting to observe the magnetic fields of motors and other electronic gadgets.

I don't really have anything practical in mind.

DuaneDegn: I was thinking 100 of them could be arranged in 1m x 1m grid spaced 10cm apart. I should be able to check the magnetic fields in this 1m x 1m area very quickly. I could monitor the 1 meter squared area continuously. It might be interesting to observe the magnetic fields of motors and other electronic gadgets.

I don't really have anything practical in mind.

It reminded me of this.

Pringles: It reminded me of this.

Wow! That video was intensely interesting.

And yes, that's the sort of thing I was thinking of. If they had 100 ESP8266 devices, they could possible see the pattern in real time rather than having to reconstruct in the computer.

Thanks for another useful link.

A Doppler Radar (essentially a motion sensor) like this one.