need OP Amp recommendation

Hi, how is everyone? I'm looking for a op amp recommendation. I need a decent precision op amp, but I'm not sure what to pick. The supply voltage is just 24V, so should be single supply. Input would be in the range of +-10V, and would scale to an 0-10V output. The rest of the specs aren't very crucial, would prefer through hole, and 1-2 channels. And price would be around $3 per channel max.

@mehulkasi85

TOPIC SPLIT PLEASE DO NOT HIJACK / NECRO POST !

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here. It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Define, "precision".

mehulkasi85: Hi, how is everyone? I'm looking for a op amp recommendation. I need a decent precision op amp, but I'm not sure what to pick. The supply voltage is just 24V, so should be single supply. Input would be in the range of +-10V, and would scale to an 0-10V output. The rest of the specs aren't very crucial, would prefer through hole, and 1-2 channels. And price would be around $3 per channel max.

By single supply do you mean its rail-to-rail on the -ve supply at least?

You need to define what you mean by precision: 2mV? 1mV? 25┬ÁV? What percentage error (zero offset might be more important than gain error for example).

With single supply and -10V volt input you are forced to use a topology that prevents the opamp seeing less than 0V on its inputs, I'm guessing a differential amp with the reference at +5V?

The precision required will affect the type of resistors you need in the feedback circuit, note.

For full 1mV precision at +/-10V input that requires 0.005% resistors or better, which are expensive. I suspect you'd in practice want a trimmer pot to zero-out the circuit, and some good quality 0.1% low tempco metal film resistors.

How about the input impedance? There are OpAmps with inputs that go down to the low fA for very high impedance signals, while most precision OpAmps are in the low to high pA.

What is the highest frequency in your signal? This determines the minimum slew rate for your OpAmp.

What is no the output side? How much current does that part draw?

Temperature range at which your project needs to operate?

Many moden the precision OpAmps don't come in THT package... you may need to solder it onto an adapter board.

You need to re-examine your parameters.

The supply voltage is just 24V, so should be single supply. Input would be in the range of +-10V, and would scale to an 0-10V output.

See my page HERE re op amps, with particular reference to single supply and rail-rail operation.

You CAN NOT expect an op amp to work with input voltages outside the supply rails.

I need a decent precision op amp

what is "decent?" indeed with regard to op amps what do YOU mean by "precision"?

Also if you explained the nature of your whole project we might have some context to relate to and give more informed advice.