Need some advice

Hi,
I’m univ student towards to final year.
So i have to exhibit my project in oct this year.
My idea is this.
I am trying to put it arduino in shoe’s sole. like physical computing.
and i wanna put some GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth module too.
So this thing can track down the shoe’s owner.
My problem is, How i can make this small ?
So i was thinking using Lily. or arduino MNI. another problem is, This can endure shocks from externel factors.
It has to be strong enough to endures playing soccer or jumping.

Is there a way to get through this ?
Thank you for read this.

Overly ambitious project.

You could get an Arduino Pro Mini board in a sole. Perhaps even a small battery. If the shoe is flexible, that would be a problem for the mechanincal stress on the board.
None of the GPS, Bluetooth or Wifi will fit.

You are going to need to learn how to load a program on a chip, rather than a board.
There are a few youtube videos for doing this,.
Then you will need a GPS shield, stripped to the bare bones. Similarly for any additional features. Placing the components in the shoes is only problematic if you are trying to design shoes "in the box". Think outside the box on this one. Put the electronics on the top of the shoe.

You are going to need to learn how to load a program on a chip, rather than a board.
There are a few youtube videos for doing this,.
Then you will need a GPS shield, stripped to the bare bones. Similarly for any additional features. Placing the components in the shoes is only problematic if you are trying to design shoes "in the box". Think outside the box on this one. Put the electronics on the top of the shoe.

@ liudr

Thank you for reading this.

@ caltoa

NONE of GPS, Wifi and Bluetooth can't fit in it ?
Perhaps placing it separately would work ?

Placing arduino and other modules overall on the sole, instead of placing it one spot wouldn't work?

@Bittsen

Thank you for reading this.
What are you suggesting is that you make me a new board from scratch ?
Designing whole thing ?
The reason why i put it in the shoe's sole is to make them invisible.
So other people can't notice anything...

Is it truly impossible to doing it ?

Is it truly impossible to doing it ?

No, but without a large budget and the ability to make custom circuits and a custom shoe, it might as well be.

Consider the sensors runners put in their shoes to count steps- they need to talk to a smartphone for the data to be usable. Trying instead to get all the electronics into the shoe, exposing the gps and bluetooth aerials, providing power making it durable would be hard - you'd likely not have enough space in the device for the user to get their foot in :stuck_out_tongue:

If the position is important, the GPS is needed.
But the GPS is not very accurate, and it's big. For a soccer player, tracking it's accurate position is not possible.
Search for pictures of GPS, like this one.

Perhaps with big 'art fashion' boots, you can hide a lot inside.

Circuits can be put on flexible kapton films and you can cut them to fit inside the shoe. But as others said, gps is a big chip, unless you use modules cell phones use. All these cost much money if you just make a few pairs. I don't know how you can protect the circuit from shocks of kicking a ball. You should find some data on this issue. I suspect the entire shoe flexs by a huge amount if you have a slow motion video of soccer ball player kicking a ball.

While it is entirely possible to do this project, you will need some very well designed hardware that will be impossible for you to manufacture without a lab and/or a full PCB/Assembly house. Keep in mind that everything you are asking is basically what a smartphone has in it. Now think about how much they pay to develop a new smartphone. They use 10+ layer boards with an entirely custom set of ICs on it.

So yes, this is overly ambitious.

Try making it an anklet. Or belt clip.