need some advice

Hi,

I just finished writing a program to a mega 2560 and would now like to programme a smaller arduino chip to solder onto a circuit board to finish the project off. I am new to this and would like to know what my options are as far as the available chips that would work with arduino code and that can also be configured for circuit programming ISP. I think there are tiny 4 pin micro-controllers that work with arduino, can someone take the time to let me know about the most common ones people are using that accept arduino code? What would I need to get as far as hardware and software to be able to program the available chips for ISP? I'm not sure how many pins I will need for my project so once I know what's available what then I'll select from them. And also it would be good to know what's available for future projects.

Thanks in advance
jessey

jessey:
Hi,

I just finished writing a program to a mega 2560 and would now like to programme a smaller arduino chip to solder onto a circuit board to finish the project off. I am new to this and would like to know what my options are as far as the available chips that would work with arduino code and that can also be configured for circuit programming ISP. I think there are tiny 4 pin micro-controllers that work with arduino, can someone take the time to let me know about the most common ones people are using that accept arduino code? What would I need to get as far as hardware and software to be able to program the available chips for ISP? I'm not sure how many pins I will need for my project so once I know what's available what then I'll select from them. And also it would be good to know what's available for future projects.

Thanks in advance
jessey

the biggest limitations on down sizing are:

• Mega2560
    256kB code
    8kB data
    4 Serial ports
    16 Analog pins
    54 digital pins

• UNO
    32kB code
    2kB data
    1 Serial Port
    6 Analog pins
    14 digital pins

• ATtiny85
    8kB code
    512bytes data
    3 AnalogPins
    2 digital Pins (+3 analog as digital);

So, whatever fits.

Chuck.

Hi, there various other attiny chips to choose from. Second most commonly used after the '85 is the '84 which has same features as '85 but 6 more pins.

Paul