Need some help for my eyes

Good day guys, im a newbie in this forum...

I want to create a robotic eye that have a powerful gaze stabilization characteristics...I will gonna use some small camera connected to a PC or Laptop,servos,arduino, and necessary motor shields...

My problem is not on the hardware but more on software/programming...

Here's the concept, suppose I've already finish building my hardware/prototype, I want it to follow a certain target using gaze stabilization/gaze shifting,I want it to have at least 500deg/second speed if possible...

It will be very helpful for me if someone will teach how to integrate the Surf Algorithm and the Fuzzy Logic Controller in a visual basic 6.0 with emgu.cv as library...If possible kindly explain it to me easy-to-understand way.

Thank you and more power :slight_smile:

If possible I want the eye to follow the object I will select(by clicking it in the image in the video captured by my camera attached to the eyeball of the proto..Perhaps a program for object detection or object tracking will be helpful...

Some say that Surf algorithm is very helpful for target detection but to tell you the truth I'm a newbie when it comes to integrating algorithms into a program, fuzzy controller is also helpful because as much as possible I don't want to use PID because of its complexity in image processing...

guys I need you help,thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I believe that it will be hard to find something about SURF algorithm in VB6 because it was first published in 2006.

I found this
http://www.chrisevansdev.com/computer-vision-opensurf.html
but it is C++ and C# and usually C# can be converted easily in Visual Basic NET

Instead there are many examlples of Fuzzy Logic in VB on the net.

The basic approach of connecting the camera to a PC and running an application on the PC to provide the UI, do the object tracking and send steering commands to the Arduino is a sensible one. All the Arduino would need to do is receive commands via the serial link and move the actuators accordingly - servos would be the easiest type of actuator to use.

As an alternative to VB and emgu (whatever that is) you might consider using OpenCV - it has a C++ API so it is much more similar to the Arduino programming language. Whichever approach you choose, the video processing part of the problem has nothing to do with Arduino and you'd need to find a more appropriate community to get support for it.