Need some help regarding Arduino programming

Hi, I have a functional gps code that gets and displays the correct date, time, speed and distance. It uses the softwareSerial library. I am currently able to display the date, time, speed and distance on my nokia 5110 LCD without any problems.

I am also trying to incorporate a pulse sensor to monitor heart rate into my system. I got the pulse sensor from pulsesensor.com. It comes with its own source code. Running this code works fine and i am also able to display it on my lcd screen.

SO…Heres is the problem.
I want to combine both codes and display all values gotten from gps and pulse sensor on the screen at the same time. Or at least use a push button to switch been the codes(if thats possible). I have done rigorous research on this and and i’ve figured out that the problem comes form a collision between the SoftwareSerial library of the gps and the “interrupt” from the pulse sensor.

Can they be combined? if so i need some assistance, thank you.

I have an arduino Uno. I also have an arduino Mega.

AllSerialHandling.ino (2.73 KB)

GPS_JeonLab_Tobeeb_Test.ino (714 Bytes)

Interrupt.ino (5.61 KB)

PulseSensorAmped_Arduino_1dot4.ino (7.56 KB)

Timer_Interrupt_Notes.ino (6.65 KB)

Hi, I have a functional gps code that gets and displays the correct date, time, speed and distance. It uses the softwareSerial library. I am currently able to display the date, time, speed and distance on my nokia 5110 LCD without any problems.

I am also trying to incorporate a pulse sensor to monitor heart rate into my system. I got the pulse sensor from pulsesensor.com. It comes with its own source code. Running this code works fine and i am also able to display it on my lcd screen.

SO…Heres is the problem.
I want to combine both codes and display all values gotten from gps and pulse sensor on the screen at the same time. Or at least use a push button to switch been the codes(if thats possible). I have done rigorous research on this and and i’ve figured out that the problem comes form a collision between the SoftwareSerial library of the gps and the “interrupt” from the pulse sensor.

if possible please send me the code for programming and how to use it. I have to complete my project and i am new to arduino. Hope will get a positive feedback. THANKS

I have an arduino Uno. I also have an arduino Mega.

AllSerialHandling.ino (2.73 KB)

GPS_JeonLab_Tobeeb_Test.ino (8.05 KB)

Interrupt.ino (5.61 KB)

jyotiprakash101:

How the hell should we know? We're not psychic, and you haven't shown us the code!

Post your code and the libraries (or at least hte ones we don't know), and then maybe we could tell you!

jyotiprakash101:
i've figured out that the problem ...

What problem? You haven't given even a tiny clue about what's (not) happening when you combine the codes.

Since you have a Mega though, and you think the problem is to do with Software Serial, why not stick the GPS on one of the Mega's hardware serial 1-3 interfaces?

Do not cross-post. Threads merged.

Okay .sorry sir. i have uploaded the files please try send me the solution if possible. now it's showing pulse sensor data perfectly on screen . but GPS data are not showing up on screen. Thanks

DrAzzy:
How the hell should we know? We’re not psychic, and you haven’t shown us the code!

Post your code and the libraries (or at least hte ones we don’t know), and then maybe we could tell you!

sorry sir. i have uploaded the files please try send me the solution if possible. now it’s showing pulse sensor data perfectly on screen . but GPS data are not showing up on screen. Thanks