Need Standalone AVR Programmer

I have been looking for a stand alone AVR (ATMega328P in pdip and smt) programmer. I have a Adafruit #462 but that is not ideal. I have a Canaduino (Universal-Solder) bootloader but that is just for loading the bootloader. Then I ran into a programmer that would be ideal...if it still existed. Solderlab.de had a "Easy Auto Programmer" on their site until mid 2019 (from 2012 I think) at:
http://www.solderlab.de/index.php/hardware/auto-programmer
Archive.org had most of the information:
Easy Auto Programmer
but it never crawled their download site so I can't get the zip file they had that contained the firmware and pc board gerbers and project files. They listed it as open source but I have not found it. I found 3 other web pages that referenced that programmer but all pointed to the zip file at:
http://solderlab.de/index.php/downloads/file/28-file-eap-v1-0/eap_v1.0.zip
but solderlab.de appears to just be a place holder now since all it has on its page is "test". Their version would fit my needs much better because it used an SD card with the hex files and fuse settings where the Adafruit would require that I reprogram it every time I had to change the code and I need to program a lot of blank AVR's (50) and with one of 3 different files.

Does anyone happen to have that zip file from solderlab.de or can tell me where it is located now? If not, can you point me to a similar stand alone AVR programmer?

Thank you for the help.

There's a forum member called CrossRoads who has a website here. Search for standalone programmer on that page. It might be what you are looking for.

markd833:
There’s a forum member called CrossRoads who has a website here. Search for standalone programmer on that page. It might be what you are looking for.

I just looked at thatCrossroads fencing standalone programmer. It looks interesting. Not quite what I had in mind but might work. I was hoping to locate the solderlab.de zip file though. Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers. Thank you again.

Southerner:
I just looked at thatCrossroads fencing standalone programmer. It looks interesting. Not quite what I had in mind but might work. I was hoping to locate the solderlab.de zip file though. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Thank you again.

Did you check Nick Gammon standalone programmer? Gammon Forum : Electronics : Microprocessors : Atmega chip stand-alone programmer to upload .hex files
I build one PCB to myself, it worked great. If you're interested, i can look for the gerber files.

geologic:
Did you check Nick Gammon standalone programmer? Gammon Forum : Electronics : Microprocessors : Atmega chip stand-alone programmer to upload .hex files
I build one PCB to myself, it worked great. If you're interested, i can look for the gerber files.

I would be interested in the gerbers for that. Do you also have a schematic that shows the parts it uses?
Thank you.

See attached eagle files. The PCB is very simple, just one 328P DIP IC, 3 leds and some resistors and caps.
I design it to be made on a single side PCB (bottom layer) and solder some wires to avoid double side PCB, but you can make it the way you prefer.
I put some pads to connect SD reader, press button and ICSP wires to the target board. You need to program your 328P prior to solder it to the PCB (actually i put a DIP socket so i can add/remove 328P). I use it @8Mhz internal clock.

I used a powerbank to power the system, but you can add batteries, USB, voltage regulator, whatever. R5 is optional and i add it to prevent my powerbank from auto-shutdown (current consumption is low).

The sd reader i used: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000002592780.htm

If you need more help, just let me know.

HexProgrammer.zip (704 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.