Need storage advice for tools

Hey guys I use a few small tools my arduino projects and need a place to keep them.

I need my multimeter, thin pliers, small wire cutters, wire strippers, battery charger, and batteries to all be in a small container.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Stephen

I use ice-cream tubs

JimboZA:
I use ice-cream tubs

:astonished: You use what?

luisilva:

JimboZA:
I use ice-cream tubs

Love the reaction :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

eros:

luisilva:

JimboZA:
I use ice-cream tubs

Love the reaction :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

See pic…

ice cream tubs.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys your pictures are awesome,

I originally thought I'd go with a toolbox, but all of the toolboxes looked like my stuff would get banged around and damaged on the inside.

I think I might do what you guys do and put them in a regular container.

Thanks again,
Stephen

@JimboZA: Is a very good idea! Now I understand. (and is a good idea too for recycling, cheap and tasty :slight_smile: )

And for components…

drawers.jpg

I suggest you keep batteries separate from tools and wires etc.

stephencampbell:
I originally thought I'd go with a toolbox, but all of the toolboxes looked like my stuff would get banged around and damaged on the inside.

When you carry them around. But that will apply to any container - if it is a concern, keep a length of "bubble wrap" in the container and fold the tools among it.

PeterH:
I suggest you keep batteries separate from tools and wires etc.

Keep batteries in zip-lock "sandwich" or "snack" bags. If you forget them and they leak, they make an awful mess.