Need to order a slide potentiometer

I need to purchase a pair of sliding pots for use as input to an arduino. They will function as steerage so I’d like a centered ‘indent’ that gives physical feedback that the slide is ‘zeroed’. I’d like the total size to be between 6 and 9 inches. I’d like just enough friction to the movement that it feels (admittedly very subjective) like a high quality control.

Would very much welcome recommendation of supplier(s) where customer service is in a position to guide a non-tech user into best option.

thx

Do some searching here

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/potentiometers-variable-resistors/slide-potentiometers/78?k=potentiometer

(forum might add some extra characters at start and end, just delete them)

Thanks. Not finding exactly what I'd hoped for. I'm going to look into vintage and salvaged parts and would post back if i find it. --appreciated.

. I'd like the total size to be between 6 and 9 inches.

I've never seen one that big. The "big ones" are usually 100mm (about 4 inches). I don't know about the detent. That's the kind of option you can probably custom order in "manufacturing quantities" and you have plenty of lead time.

You might be able to find a linear encoder or if you are good at mechanics you could use a belt & pulley with a rotary encoder to make it as long as you want.