Need to switch 2 relays on/off at a programmable time

Hi, what Arduino product and what hardware would I need to to switch 2 relays on/off at certain times of the day. I don't think the Arduino products have a real time clock built-in so I would probably need the ds1307 real time clock and another board with a couple relays. Could someone let me know what the best and cheapest solution would be for my application and good place for some example code to do this?

Tnx.

wildview:
Could someone let me know what the best and cheapest solution would be for my application?

If you have an ICSP programmer, then you could get away with using a smaller, standalone microcontroller like the ATTiny85, but it will also require a little more work to get it going. Otherwise, a simple Uno or pretty much any of the knockoffs will do. As far as the RTC goes, it's going to depend on what type of accuracy you are looking for.

You'll have to define what you mean by "best". There are plenty of relay boards from China on eBay that are dirt cheap and work well enough, but it will take a while to get there.

Thanks for you reply and the information. The application that I'm trying to build is I need to switch the tip/ring wires on my phone line on/off at certain times of the day. The time needs to be accurate so the on/off time is the same time everyday. I looked at some of the Ebay relay programmable timers last night, but most of them only control 1 relay like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/221248878280?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649, so I would have to attach another board to control 2 relays. This is why I thought maybe the Ardunio approach with a real time clock and a relay board w/ 2 relays would work best for completing this project. Not sure though, any thoughts?

Tnx

wildview:
The time needs to be accurate so the on/off time is the same time everyday.

Accuracy isn't Yes/No; it's a spectrum. Various RTCs will have varying degrees of accuracy. You'll have to decide how much drift is acceptable and look for an RTC that fills that need. Alternatively, you could use Ethernet/WiFi and connect to a time server. More complicated, but more accurate.

I looked at some of the Ebay relay programmable timers last night, but most of them only control 1 relay like this one

Search for "Arduino 2-channel relay board"; they make them.

Thanks. Maybe what all do is just get an Arduino board with an Ethernet port, attach a board with 2 relays and attach the Ardunio via the LAN port to my McCasaVera automation controller. This way the time will be accurate and adjust for DST as well =)

Tnx.

I used this SainSmart two-relay board in a project and have been happy with it. Less than $6:

Thanks for the information. I was thinking on going with this 2 Channel Relay shield http://www.ebay.com/itm/180882829264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649. Can I stack the the Ethernet and Relay shield on top of the UNO board, or will there be conflicts? I noticed the Relay shield supports
the Xbee module, but I need the LAN support instead for now. So hopefully this setup will work =)

Tnx

You can make use of this library Arduino Playground - HomePage for using time with arduino and then use a suitable ULN series darlington driver to control the relays

Sweet. Thanks so much!