Needing help with an RC quadcopter project

Hello
I would like to use an NRF24L01 module, an arduino Nano, and a 2.4gh transmitter to controll 4x 2.7v high speed motors. This is for a quadcopter project.
How do I do this?
Do I need to use a motor driver, or is it ok to connect the motors directly to the nano?

How would I programme this for speed control?

Thank you for your help.

Natha

This is a complex project, and not really suited to someone without detailed experience - sorry but asking if you can power from the Arduino suggests that.

The motors take 10+
Amps and need dedicated seperate speed controllers for the brushless motors, so you can turn, bank and go up/down. The flight control boards you can buy are significantly more powerful than a Nano.

If you do want to look further have a google for projects.

Thank you for your reply.
I was just thinking of using a Nano to reduce weight.
Is there a motor driver which will allow me to control four motors independently?
Thank you.

Natha

Natha:
Is there a motor driver which will allow me to control four motors independently?

Do you need your quadcopter to fly upside-down? If not, you would not need a bi-directional motor controller and a simple MOSFET would give you speed control over one motor. Use four of them for four motors.

Do a Google search on;

'build an arduino drone'

For some insights as to whats involved.

Thank you for your help.
I found the following tutorial:

It does not look too complicated!
I was just wondering if the ardu-con (arduino controller) iphone app would work to control it.

Thank you again.

Natha.

Natha:
I was just wondering if the ardu-con (arduino controller) iphone app would work to control it.

From what I have read, you need a BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) interface to connect to the iPhone. A regular Bluetooth module won't work. I imagine the Ardu-con documentation discusses the hardware requirements.

Natha:
It does not look too complicated!

Cool! Let us know how it goes!
If you do run into problems, let us know that too so we can help.

Thank you for all your help and encouragment!
I hope it works.

Here is the link for those who would also like to make this project: https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-micro-Quadcopter/

And here is the diagram:

Natha

Natha:
I would like to use an NRF24L01 module, an arduino Nano, and a 2.4gh transmitter

You will need to use an nRF24L01+ for the transmitter also - I guess one of the high-power modules with the external antenna would be best. However I have had a pair of low-power modules (with the PCB antenna) working at 110m outdoors with clear line of sight.

This Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial may help.

...R