Neither Knob nor Sweep servo sketches compile

Greetings,

I have been playing with getting a servo to cooperate and I have never had this problem. I load either the Arduio Playground knob or sweep sketches and I get a multiplicity of errors, mostly traced to the .cpp file that involve digitalWrite not declared in this scope, etc.

Both knob and sweep sketches are in my Servo folder and reside alongside the servo.h and servo.cpp files. I have turned everything off and on again, shut down and re-booted my computer and still no success with these sketches.

I tried the SoftwareServo library and SerialServo sketch and got, basically, the same response. I then tried a naked Arduino Uno (from the spare parts drawer) and got the same response, so I know it is a software issue on my side of the border.

I also tried playing the .h and .cpp files in the same folder as my sketch and still, no compilation.

Might you have any suggestions about what I should look for or what I might be missing (literally and/or figuratively)?

Regards - Baran

To save hunting down the exact sketch you are talking about please post a link to it. Or better still, the sketch itself inside code tags.

Read this before posting a programming question

I then tried a naked Arduino Uno (from the spare parts drawer) and got the same response, so I know it is a software issue on my side of the border.

What do you mean? What type of Arduino were you compiling for?

Please be more specific ..post code also

What exactly is a naked Arduino?! LOL :astonished:

Check the location of your files. Normally the library files would be in the libraries folder (no surprise there) and the sketch file would be in its own (different) folder. From your description that does not seem to be what you have.

JakeDuino:
What exactly is a naked Arduino?!

That would be the R-rated version. :smiley: