NEO-6M-0-001 can fix a satellite signal but cant get any nmea value

I 'm a newbie for arduino,And im working on my small project that need a gps to locate our location.
but it has a problems on my Gps module(NEO-6m).the module can fix with satellite(red led blink)
but it doesnt return nmea value

Board Arduino Mega 2560
Module NEO-6m-0-001

connect
Vcc → 5V
GND → GND
RX → 19
TX → 18

this is my code :

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

// The serial connection to the GPS module
SoftwareSerial ss(19, 18);

void setup(){
Serial.begin(57600);
ss.begin(9600);
}

void loop(){
while (ss.available() > 0){
// get the byte data from the GPS
byte gpsData = ss.read();
Serial.write(gpsData);
}
}

You appear to be powering the GPS with 3.3V and the Mega is a 5V logic device so it may or may not work.

No need to use software serial on the Megas hardware serial port.

See the post 'General Guidance and How to use the Forum' for details on how to post code.

Photographs are often very difficult to follow, schematics are much easier for forum readers to understand.

I just tested 4 NEO-7M GPS modules. 3 work as advertised. one gets time from one satellite only, so it can't get a position fix on that module. a defective module is not out of the range of probability.

Hello prungp.

The normal pattern with this type of board is the LED is steady at power up and after some minutes becomes blinking at 1Hz if it gains a positional fix. Looks like you’ve got a fix.

Have you got the connections right?

This is from the built-in example for Software Serial:

*/
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial mySerial(10, 11); // RX, TX

The first parameter is the pin the arduino board will RECEIVE data. That must be connected to the GPS board’s pin that SENDS data, i.e., its TX pin. Perhaps you shud connect: GPS TX to pin 19, not 18. Try that.

Incidentally you only need to connect the GPS TX to see the NMEA sentences. Don’t bother with the GPS RX for now.

John.

you put your code in quotes, and it ended up in italics. sometimes that rsults in smiley faces. you need to use code tags:

Read "How To Use This Forum"

in particular, 7. If you are posting code or error messages, use "code" tags

This is what happens when you do not

if you have a module that is not working, do not say "A GPS" or "the fingerprint sensor". Show us a link to the particular sensor, and a link to the datasheet if available