Neo-6M does not take commands through serial port

Hello friends,

I connected a new Neo-6M GPS module to RS232 port of PC. It began sending it's NMEA data once per second. The RS232 setting is default: 9600 8N1.

Now, I want to disable some NMEA messages. To do so, I put UBX strings into a terminal window and SEND it to the module.

But the module does not answer OK like old modems did, nor does it take a command and disable messages.

Pin TX from a USB-TTL converter is connected to RX of Neo-6m through a 4,7k-10k resistor voltage divider, so that module gets 3,3V logic level.

Commands that I send are taken from this topic http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=470763.0

For instance, I try to change the baud rate with
$PUBX,41,1,0007,0003,19200,0*25

and it still goes sending at 9600.

Can anyone help me?

Can anyone help me?

How is this an Arduino problem?

The forum's name is Using arduino with various devices. Once I get it working, I plan to connect it to Arduino. In fact, I already try connecting it to Arduino with SoftSerial library, and got same results.

These modules are often used with Arduino for DIY, so I hope some good person here (like you) has placed the same problem and can give me a clue.

I have seen some Ubloxes GPSs behave like this.

I assumed they were the fake ones.

Do you mean that Chinese modules sold on Aliexpress.com are not genuine modules and therefore they can only send data and are not configurable?

AonMaster1:
Do you mean that Chinese modules sold on Aliexpress.com are not genuine modules and therefore they can only send data and are not configurable?

I made no mention of any supplier.