Neopixel Controlled by Rfid

Hi! I am currently attempting to merge two separate sketches into one sketch in order to program my Arduino Uno to change the color of a Neopixel Jewel 7 when the card with the correct UID is scanned.

I’ve been able to set the color of my Neopixel to any color at the beginning of the sketch but cannot get the rfid reader to scan a card in order the change the color of the neopixels.

The farthest I get in the program is in the serial monitor that says “Put your card to the reader…”

I am very new to this so if there is any other information or details that I need to post please let me know!

Thank you!

Rfid_Neopixel_Ischool.ino (4.42 KB)

Learn how to use code tags </> in your post.

Your code does not compile. It appears you have not included whatever RFID library you need. I would start with whatever examples come with that library and get your RFID reader working before worrying about doing things with the Neopixels.

You also have the strip.begin() function commented out but you need it.

ieee488:

Thanks! Sorry about that.

ieee488:

Thanks! Sorry about that.

blh64:
Your code does not compile. It appears you have not included whatever RFID library you need. I would start with whatever examples come with that library and get your RFID reader working before worrying about doing things with the Neopixels.

You also have the strip.begin() function commented out but you need it.

Thank you so much! Everything is working as it should! :slight_smile: