Neopixel Programing Question

Hello all,

I am working on a cake topper for my wedding and I need my Neopixel rings (1- 24pixel ring and 1- 12 pixel ring) to do a few specific things. I need them to instantly turn on, on cue, then after a few seconds of fading through a few colors (blue, green then purple) they need to end at a very specific time. The reason for that is it is timed to music that is playing through my MP3 shield. Does anyone know of any way to do this? I have the rest of the week to figure it out before the wedding so any help is greatly appreciated!

I have the rest of the week to figure it out before the wedding so any help is greatly appreciated!

I certainly hope you have some idea how the hardware is to be connected, how to make the strips do something, and what the timing requirements are. Otherwise, you best plan for presenting this at the couple's first anniversary.

Well it is working lighting up and playing sound its just not ending. And as I said before Paul (http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=267512.msg1887630#msg1887630) help me or not but keep your pathetic self serving comments to your self. Does anyone else have anything useful to add?

MasonLev:
Hello all,

I am working on a cake topper for my wedding and I need my Neopixel rings (1- 24pixel ring and 1- 12 pixel ring) to do a few specific things. I need them to instantly turn on, on cue, then after a few seconds of fading through a few colors (blue, green then purple) they need to end at a very specific time. The reason for that is it is timed to music that is playing through my MP3 shield. Does anyone know of any way to do this? I have the rest of the week to figure it out before the wedding so any help is greatly appreciated!

@Masonlev
Seen the short time you have, you probably better ask this in the gigs/collaboration section because projects done over a forum does take mostly weeks not days. Then you have a chance finding someone who want to guide you intensively. Not that it is too difficult to do, but you have to get all things right, especially at a wedding.

PaulS pointed that out in his own way, and although he is very direct1 - also to me - he is very often right. The fact you did not tell the status of your project in your first post made him react that way. He cannot see the status of your project, what works, what not, how your code looks like etc if you do not post it. For that we have in every section guidelines how to post good questions.

1the best advice I can give to you is to separate the message from the format it is put in.
That saves you a lot of energy.

This is not a programming question, despite the title. It is a project guidance question. In the absence of any details about which NeoPixel rings (link), which Arduino (name it), and which MP3 shield (link) even people who were prepared to write the code for you from scratch would be struggling - a lot.

How to use this forum

If I were attempting a project like this (and I have been programming most of my life) I would be setting aside a few weeks to get the hardware assembled, the software written, and then do extensive testing. I would be expecting it would not work properly the first time, and indeed might take a week to debug.

Thank you guys for your quick responses and help trying to get me directed to the right place with the right info. But it seems like this is not the place for my project. I have received some help from other forums, and have gotten my project working and where I want it to be. So thank you for your help but I am done here.

To your point robtillaart, PaulS is not direct. Nick Gammon was direct when he told me what is a proper way to post, and timeline for the the project. PaulS is just ... (insults redacted).

... so I will not be coming back to this forum.

Thank you.