Netduino

Would it be possible to create a subforum here for Netduino users aswell?
By the looks of it the staff over at http://forums.netduino.com/ have abandoned that ship, so I'm still waiting for moderator approval, like however many new members over there who's also, like me, not able to post at all in the forums there.

While I'm at it, how many Netduino users are there using this forum aswell?

Would it be possible to create a subforum here for Netduino users aswell?

No. The Netduino is NOT an Arduino. It is not programmed in C++.

Yes, I'm aware that Netduino isn't programmed in C++, or that's not what it's intended to be programmed in anyway.
The reason to why I'm at all asking is that, by the looks of it anyway, the staff have abandoned the forum at netduino.com, so no go for newbs to post in those forums.

Just a thought.

The reason to why I’m at all asking is that, by the looks of it anyway, the staff have abandoned the forum at netduino.com, so no go for newbs to post in those forums.

Well, you could always use WalMart’s forums. They would be as appropriate.

PaulS:
Well, you could always use WalMart's forums. They would be as appropriate.

The OP's confusion likely comes from the fact that the netduino has "duino" in the name which makes him think that it is related to Arduino in some way. Perhaps we should suggest that he focus on the other part of the name and look for a forum for people who make nets. Basketball nets, fishing nets, etc. That would at least have part of the name in it.

I get the impression that you guys don't like the idea of a Netduino segment here by the looks of it :o

Did you know that the shields are pin compatible between Arduino/Netduino?

Btw, I have 2 Arduino Megas, one Raspberry Pi and a Netduino3 which I tinker around with, they're all interesting in their own way, unfortunately there's no way for me to ask others in the know about the Netduino, so by asking for a Netduino segment here chances are that others just like me can discuss whatever regarding the, or atleast until the Netduino forum staff starts tending their forum again.

There seems to be a Netduino Forum ?

…R

Lynx_N:
I get the impression that you guys don't like the idea of a Netduino segment here by the looks of it :o

It's not that we don't like it. It's just that it is not part of the project that this forum supports. It wouldn't fit here. If we add that we'd have to add a section for the R-Pi and the picaxe and every other microcontroller. But this forum is really dedicated to just Arduino topics.

Lynx_N:
Did you know that the shields are pin compatible between Arduino/Netduino?

Yes, and the alternator off a '57 Chevy will fit on my Ford tractor. But that doesn't make me think that the Chevy forums should add a section for Ford tractors.

Lynx_N:
Btw, I have 2 Arduino Megas, one Raspberry Pi and a Netduino3 which I tinker around with, they're all interesting in their own way, unfortunately there's no way for me to ask others in the know about the Netduino, so by asking for a Netduino segment here chances are that others just like me can discuss whatever regarding the, or atleast until the Netduino forum staff starts tending their forum again.

Wouldn't you rather be able to ask somewhere where there are people who actually know something about netduino? I fear that having those questions here would be just about as non-productive.

I really do think that it is the "duino" part of the name that led you here. But in reality you might as well be on an equestrian forum asking for a section for horseradish because it has horse in the name.

Robin2:
There seems to be a Netduino Forum ?

...R

There is indeed such a dedicated Netduino forum, right here, http://forums.netduino.com/
Only problem is, as I stated in the OP, that newbies are automatically put under moderation from the get go over there and as there's no staff around there anymore, not from what I can see anyway, I'm unable to post there and now I'm also unable to find such a similar forum discussing various Netduino matters, which is the very reason to why I at all started this thread in the first place.

Lynx_N:
There is indeed such a dedicated Netduino forum, right here, http://forums.netduino.com/
Only problem is, as I stated in the OP, that newbies are automatically put under moderation from the get go over there and as there's no staff around there anymore, not from what I can see anyway, I'm unable to post there and now I'm also unable to find such a similar forum discussing various Netduino matters, which is the very reason to why I at all started this thread in the first place.

Best reason I have heard not to use that product.

...R

Robin2:
Best reason I have heard not to use that product.

...R

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree with you.
I just wish there were more Netduino newbs out there who like me also would like to join in on those discussions but who can't on account of being unable to post over there.

I just wish there were more Netduino newbs out there who like me also would like to join in on those discussions but who can't on account of being unable to post over there.

How would you know that there aren't? If you can't post there, and they can't, how would you know that the number of people that can't post is not non-zero?

I have a Netduino. It doesn't currently work. The install-this-flash-that-hold-your-tongue-just-right crap of upgrading versions makes it far too easy to brick a Netduino (which I did) and there is practically no help for unbricking a Netduino.

So, I feel your pain. The best thing you can do is take a sledge hammer to the Netduino. I'm sure you'll feel better after that. Then, get a Due or other SAM based Arduino.

What I REALLY would like to know is, prefeably by following a step by step tutorial, what I exactly have to do in order to be able to write programs in C++, compile it and then upload it to the Netduino, making it look, well almost anyway, like your everyday, run-of-the-mill, Arduino.
Unfortunately it's beginnig to look more and more like the impossible dream, when it actually shouldn't be all that impossible as all programs get compiled to machine code anyway, regardless of if it's originally written in C++, dotnet, basic, what have you.

Lynx_N:
What I REALLY would like to know is,

What part of "this is not the Netduino Forum" is hard to understand ?

...R

Lynx_N:
What I REALLY would like to know is, prefeably by following a step by step tutorial, what I exactly have to do in order to be able to write programs in C++, compile it and then upload it to the Netduino, making it look, well almost anyway, like your everyday, run-of-the-mill, Arduino.
Unfortunately it's beginnig to look more and more like the impossible dream, when it actually shouldn't be all that impossible as all programs get compiled to machine code anyway, regardless of if it's originally written in C++, dotnet, basic, what have you.

Simple answer is in reply #11

PaulS:
take a sledge hammer to the Netduino. I'm sure you'll feel better after that. Then, get a Due or other SAM based Arduino.

PaulS:
get a Due or other SAM based Arduino.

The Due looks quite impressive actually, may just have to look a little closer into that one.