networking

can anyone please help me to understand that how can i give an ip address to my arduino module ? and also that how can i access a particular module using its ip through a website ..?

You need a network interface shield. What do you have?

i just have an arduino mega .... i dont know what product should i buy

If you want to connect to the ethernet, buy an ethernet shield. If you want to connect to wifi, buy a wifi shield.

i just have an arduino mega .... i dont know what product should i buy

You might get an ethernet shield like below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ethernet-Shield-W5100-Micro-SD-Card-SlotFor-Arduino-2009-UNO-Mega-1280-2560-2Y-/281776558975?hash=item419b31137f:g:ne4AAOSw3ydV0vqu

Hi

Check out my Arduino web site at http://www.2wg.co.nz - with a mega and an ethernet shield you can build a web server application like that.

Your DHCP router will normally assign your system a local IP address. It can be a fixed IP address based on a MAC address you assign within your application and a setting in your router.

You can access your system on your local area network with its IP address.

To access your Arduino application from the external world wide web you will need to map data coming into your router/ADSL modem to your Arduino system (by IP address). You will also want to see it you can get a static IP address for your internet service and/or investigate dynamic IP addressing options.

Proceed slowly - just one step at a time and build on your successes.

Catweazle NZ

i want to install a gps module in my car and want to see the co-ordinates of my car through a website .

aman25: i want to install a gps module in my car and want to see the co-ordinates of my car through a website .

You're going to need a really long ethernet cable, then.

Good one PaulS 8), got me chuckling.

Perhaps a cellphone shield could be used. Or tweet the address or similar.

Hi

I am doing development with a SIM800 GSM module and text messaging. I can send the system a number of text message requests and it will send me back a text message response.

For example if I send it a text message with the word CLOCK it will reply with this text message response

CLOCK REPORT:
SYSTEM:
01/11/2015
13:48:31 NZDST
SIM800:
01/11/2015
13:48:27 NZDST
Diff -00:00:04
RTC:
Sunday
01/11/2015
12:48:32 NZST
Diff 00:00:00

I do have three clocks in the system - a battery power RTC to hold the time when the system is powered down, a system clock based on the millis() function and my own date/time/clock subsystem and the SIM800 module itself also has a clock. My CLOCK report is used to test/check that the three clocks are running at the same time - and some minor differences do occur over time.

If I had the SIM GSM module that also had GPS functionality then I could track anything mobile using text messages like this - provided the device remained within cell phone tower coverage.

CHeers

Catweazle NZ

i also want to plot the position of vehicle on google map can i do all this thing using gps module and gsm module....?

go with the yun shield it has multiple options

can i use gsm shield and in it use gprs setting ....for internet connectivity