New Arduino / Induino Shield Feedback Please

We are out with a new shield to fit our Induino Boards / Any Normal Arduino Board. The shield comes with a 16x2 LCD display(mapped for 4bit mode), a L298 with connectors for 2 motors(witha seperate isolated power supply) , 6 ADCs with Connectors, 4 LEDs shared with the Analog Inputs & 2 Switches. This has been designed for robotics applications. If the servo library works with the analog pins then this should be able to drive 6 servos as well :wink:

http://picasaweb.google.com/simplelabs/InduinoPics#

I would like feedback please…

Cheers,
Pracas

Some purists may complain, but I like the way you traded the form factor of the “standard” Arduino for lower manufacturing cost on the Induino, while still keeping compatibility with standard shields.

You made good use of that larger size to integrate more functions on your shield, too.

You should definitely consider re-spinning the shield board to allow mechanical connection to the Induino with stand-offs, though: those long header pins are going to be pretty fragile, and more at risk of being banged up and bent in a robot than they would be on a workbench. It would also offer an easier option for attaching, say, a servo-driven turret for IR or sonar sensors.

If the servo library works with the analog pins then this should be able to drive 6 servos as well

The servo library uses timer1 so analogWrite on pins 9 and 10 is not available, but it does not actually use analog input or output resources and up to 12 servos can be driven. see: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/Servo

Just a comment about the induino:

Induino is The Cheapest Arduino USB Clone Board(or So we Think!) with 100% Shield Compatibility.

Well not at $800.00!!! :o

Mowcius

Mowcius, he’s located in India. $800INR is about $17.50USD.

Wow, not a bad price (after the conversion).

I love/hate how some countries currencies are so tiny, such as Mexico and India.

I mean, I’m not saying “everyone and everything should be like America”, but at least the GBP is close :P.

Mowcius
$800!!! Well i dont know how to change the currency to INR in Drupal… so its $800… well i can give you our best offer… $799 :wink:

And i thought the long pins had a visual appeal :wink: anyways there’s a regulator below it and right now i have 35mm headers on… the regulator is projecting upto 22mm… and there are no 30mm headers available. I will try 25mm but then i need to do something to prevent short circuits.

Well it’s slightly confusing as the duemilanove is $35 and the clone board is $800… Change of currency? :wink:

Just as a quick comment, if you click on webshop then the link doesn’t work…

Mowcius

I’d love something like that which could drive a motor drawing up to five amps forwards and backwards, save me a lot of work.

Actually even just a motor control shield for a standard Arduino with that capability would be nice.

I’d love something like that which could drive a motor drawing up to five amps forwards and backwards, save me a lot of work.

R/C ESC and the servo library.

Radio control Electronic Speed Controllers (ESC) do provide an easy way to drive motors, but be careful to pick one that has a reverse capability (if it doesn’t say it does reverse, it probably doesn’t).

Also, note that you need a different kind of ESC for brushed and brushless motors so select your motor and ESC to match.