New Arduino Programming Project - Need Assistance

To whom it may concern, I am currently working on a project for my senior year engineering class. The basis of the project is an organization system by putting a wooden plate on a turntable on top of a motor. On top of the turntable/motor is 5 wooden drawers that can store various objects.

Currently I am trying to program the arduino with multiple shield attached. I have the Arduino Uno R3, The Arduino Motor Shield, The Adafruit NFC / RFID shield, and The BLE Shield 2.1 (Bluetooth). I am a novice when it comes to programming and I have tried my best to program the various components but to no avail.

Heres an overall summary of what I need programmed. The arduino Uno will always be plugged in to a 9V power source. Using my phone, I will bluetooth connect to the arduino set with the BLE Shield and do one of 5 actions. The 5 actions is to just click one of 5 buttons on the phone app (must be programmed) and that will turn the motor on and go to one of the 5 drawers that was selected. But the only way to recognize the location of the 5 drawers, I am attaching 1 NFC tag underneath each drawer so that when the drawer turns into position, a signal is sent to the motor shield to turn off the motor.

If anybody could help me with the programming it would be greatly appreciated. My troubles start with the adafruit NFC/RFID Shield. I am trying to create a basic program that first recognizes that a NFC tag is placed on it and then an action can be sent. As well for some reason when I try to connect to my BLE shield it doesnt come up. When I click "Scan" on the app the shield doesn't come up as active when its plugged into the computer via USB cable.

Again any and all help will be greatly appreciated for this project and if you need to contact me personally just comment and I will send you my email.

Thanks for reading,
-Engineer5000

Start with the examples in the reference section, get a feel for the programming.

If you're past that, then try to write each individual section, alone. One sketch to simply identify RFID tags, then another to turn the motor, etc. Break it down into doable chunks.

Isolate your errors, and work them out in a stand alone manner.

This forum usually tends to frown upon doing school assignments for people. If you get most of the code done and still have issues, most people will more than glad to help sort out bugs, but not write the entire project for you. If that's what you want, there's a Gigs and collaborations forum farther down the list.

Will an RFID tag give a signal that can be used for precise location?

I haven't used them, but I imagine they work over an extended range.

What sort of motor are you using?

...R

Robin2:
Will an RFID tag give a signal that can be used for precise location?

I haven't used them, but I imagine they work over an extended range.

What sort of motor are you using?

...R

The rfid shield has about a 2inch range of sensing the tags. My main problem is figuring out the basic programming of when the shield senses the tag it runs an action. The motor we are using is a First Robotics Motor. Its a Taigene Window Motor PN16640238 REV004.

Please post a link to the datasheet for the motor, or, if no datasheet is available, please describe it.

I don't know how to read an RFID tag, but once you have identified the tag the code to move the motor should be straightforward.

However you have not really explained how you plan to make the motor move to, and stop at a particular location - and that is why I want to know more about the motor. I can understand the idea of moving from location to location and, at each location, testing the RFID to see if it is the correct location - and moving on if it is not. But in the image in my mind the RFID tag is not used to position the motor.

Can you describe how you envisage it working?

...R

What type of output does the RFID have?