New Arduino user completely lost

Hello All!

So I am not in anyway knowledgeable in this area. However, I decided to give it a crack.

My first project is to create a some sort of machine that uses arduino to move across a black line(it must be very sensitive, there will be 90 degree angles). i know it sounds simple but I am very unfamiliar and need a ton of help. I know basic things because of the tutorials but this is proving to be very difficult. can anyone give me the steps, coding, links? can i maybe even have an email to communicate with someone on what to do step by step?

I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!

redgel22:
My first project is to create a some sort of machine that uses arduino to move across a black line(it must be very sensitive, there will be 90 degree angles). i know it sounds simple

Your description is pretty weak. What do you mean by "black line"? What is sensitive about angles? What do you consider to be a machine?

redgel22:
I know basic things because of the tutorials but this is proving to be very difficult.

What part is proving to be difficult?

redgel22:
can i maybe even have an email to communicate with someone on what to do step by step?

No, use the public forums. If you communicate one-on-one it makes it impossible for others to learn or others to help. Instead, articulate the exact aspects you are asking about, not abstract ideas.

If you search this forum (or the net) for "line following robot" you should find a lot of information to put you in the right direction.