New authentication system / SSO (2020-03-02)

I long for the days when life was simpler :slight_smile:

…R

Pre "EU" per chance ? :fearful:

ballscrewbob: Pre "EU" per chance ? :fearful:

No. I am a strong supporter of the EU.

The world needs coming-together rather than Brexit-style fragmentation and isolation.

...R

No, coming together is the last thing we need right now.
Stay at least one metre apart.

Agree about the EU though

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL: No, coming together is the last thing we need right now. Stay at least one metre apart.

What no man hugs ?

Hi

When I sign into the site on my iPhone , then go to the forum area , it asks me to sign in again - sometimes I have to , but often if I just click on a particular forum , then it shows I am signed in ( as I can see “new” against posts etc ) and everything works ok .

I have cookies “on” .

@Hammy

Are you still experiencing the bug ? Do you get it on any other devices ?

I assume the following strange behaviour is also linked to this authentication system - it has happened to me several times, but not every time.

When I click QUOTE nothing happens. If I click QUOTE a second time a little CONTENT BLOCKED message appears at the top of my browser If I click QUOTE a third time it loads the message into the edit box in the normal way and the CONTENT BLOCKED message disappears

...R

(deleted)

lucaosti: which browser are you using? can you share a screenshot of the message?

Opera on Linux Mint

I will try to remember to capture a screenshot next time it happens

...R

Other useful info can come from the DEV CONSOLE built into most browsers. Particularly the affected page.

lucaosti:
which browser are you using? can you share a screenshot of the message?

This is how it appears in the normal course of working

and this is what appears when I click the warning

This has all the hallmarks of the bad old days of BMC and British Leyland when the cars were thrown together and the customers were expected to debug them.

...R

Am slightly curious how the "content blocked" got into the arduino header ? Not something I have seen before ! Looks like Opera inserted it there ?

That message is in Opera's command line - above the Forum stuff - the line with the back button and the reload button etc

...R

Dont use opera so bow to your greater knowledge.

ballscrewbob: Dont use opera so bow to your greater knowledge.

To my mind it is the content of the message that is important rather than its location. And the three-step dance that is needed to get "QUOTE" to work - as mentioned in Reply #27. :)

I am hoping that @lucaosti will take an interest in the problem.

...R

lucaosti:
Bad things we are aware of:

• You’ll be often asked to click “Sign-in” even though you are already logged in

This problem seems to be back (android phone with chrome).

Had that earlier today too, windows and Firefox.