new-b fob and noise filter help

morning/evening all,

either i am not sure what to search to get info or i am finding and not sure what im looking at.

situation: i have one of the Adafruit RF key-fob and 4 - 4 channel toggle receivers.

i am trying to control 4 runs of El wire with the system. my issue is that the 3v inverter is causing interference unless the fob is right next to the receiver or disconnected.

i keep seeing sites for low/high pass filters or chokes, beads and coils. i am limited on space and the inverter needs to be rather close to the receiver, unfortunately, within 2 inches.

do i need to design pass filter for power into receiver? i know the inverter is around 2.1kHz. i need to verify actual frequency. do i need band-pass or low pass?

can i shield the inverter with some type of material like lead or something i will have in isolated area and box and only need to access to change/charge battery

can someone please point me in the right direct? TIA, James A.

Shielding the inverter by enclosing it in any sort of metal box will help, but it is likely that the EL wire is also radiating interference. You could try putting ferrite beads or cylinders around each of the output wires to the EL, as close to the shielding box as possible.

still puzzled with interference

these are what i have purchased along with 4 channel fob https://www.adafruit.com/products/1097

the el inverter i am using is @ 1.428kHz

being that it is a higher frequency than key fob, is that what is flooding the fob signal - the higher freq. or some kind of back-feed on the power line(s)?

i have wrapped inverter in 4 layers of foil and ferrite rings with 2 loops on each inverter dc input and each inverter ac output with very little change. how should they be wrapped or do i need small sleeves? is there some type of pass filter i can use or receiver signal amp on the receiver side? would a bigger, longer antenna make a difference?

Hi, Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png or pdf please? Also a picture of your project, so we can see how you have wired it?

Thanks ..Tom.... :)

Have you earthed the foil? It is a waste of time if you have not. Are they powered with the same power supply? If so have you got any decoupling between them using inductors?

Having said that then putting a noise generator next to something that is very noise sensitive is asking for trouble. As the EL wire itself radiates it might be time to rethink your project.

aes92000:
i am trying to control 4 runs of El wire with the system.
my issue is that the 3v inverter is causing interference unless the fob is right next to the receiver or disconnected.

I have used this RF key fob / receiver with no problems. What 3V inverter are you talking about? How have you isolated the problem to a 3V inverter?

F I X E D !!!!

used separate battery for inverter but commoned the grounds. apparently it was power line issues.

thanx everyone.

live, learn and go bald