New Character (LCD)

I made a custom letter and it works... now for the issue...
When you attempt to call the new character with other text
ex. lcd.print(0,"K");
it returns a wierd error:

LCD_sunday_shed.cpp: In function 'void setup()':
LCD_sunday_shed:59: error: call of overloaded 'print(const char [17], int)' is ambiguous
C:\Users\Bubba\Desktop\ard files\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:46: note: candidates are: void Print::print(char, int) <near match>
C:\Users\Bubba\Desktop\ard files\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:47: note:                 void Print::print(unsigned char, int) <near match>
C:\Users\Bubba\Desktop\ard files\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: note:                 void Print::print(int, int) <near match>
C:\Users\Bubba\Desktop\ard files\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:49: note:                 void Print::print(unsigned int, int) <near match>
C:\Users\Bubba\Desktop\ard files\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:50: note:                 void Print::print(long int, int) <near match>
C:\Users\Bubba\Desktop\ard files\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:51: note:                 void Print::print(long unsigned int, int) <near match>

and here is the code to create the new character

byte newChar[8] = {
	B01110,
	B01001,
	B01001,
	B01001,
	B01001,
	B01001,
	B11111,
	B11000
};

void setup() {
	lcd.createChar(0, newChar);

remeber that is just part of it...

Nothing?orlyReally this is just a bump to the top so I may get help

instead of lcd.print use lcd.write(0);

lcd.print(0,"K");

Please explain what you think that this code is doing. It probably isn't doing that.

If you think it is appending the string "K" to the special character, it is not. You can only print one thing at a time. There are overloads, as you've seen in the error message, for the print function that take two arguments, but none of the overloads takes a string as the 2nd argument, and none of them append the two arguments supplied.

If you would like to learn more on custom Characters you could read my demo project on the following URL:
http://www.jo3ri.be/arduino/arduino-projects/lcd-16x2-demo

or on this forum you could check my post under this topic:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,54195.0.html

it shows an animated space invader