New group for newcomers to Arduino

Hello Everyone,

Would like to see a group for newcomers to the wonderful world of Arduino. Under that group I would like it segmented by hardware. After that I would like to be able to search within that group for any problems that I am encountering with my own hardware.

I just purchased a genuine uno in Dec 2020 and now a micro in Jan 2021. Inspired by the you tube 32 function button box that used a pro micro.

Sadly the pro micro I purchased did not work. I uploaded a sketch to it but did not use the exact board. Used micro board selection since there was no pro micro listed. After that it had two red lights and failed to upload anything.

I am currently trying to get access to the installation and troubleshooting forum without success. The button to post is missing from my screen.

I did search the forum for my problem.

My problem is uploading example sketch to genuine Arduino micro. Trying to upload the blink sketch to verify it is working like it should.

I know this is not the forum to post these questions. I did read the instructions on how to get the most out of the forums. I apologize in advance for this social faux pas.

Thanks in advance for any comments or queries.

Hi @scott974

scott974:
I just purchased a genuine uno in Dec 2020 and now a micro in Jan 2021. Inspired by the you tube 32 function button box that used a pro micro.

Sadly the pro micro I purchased did not work. I uploaded a sketch to it but did not use the exact board. Used micro board selection since there was no pro micro listed. After that it had two red lights and failed to upload anything.

Please post a link to where you bought the Micro from.

scott974:
I am currently trying to get access to the installation and troubleshooting forum without success. The button to post is missing from my screen.

Unfortunately several people are having this issue, but I think they were all able to solve it. See the links off this thread:

I think the problem is that the forum doesn't always recognize that you are logged in and you need to be logged in to post. If you click the "Log in" button at the top right of the website window, it should then recognize that you are logged in and you should be able to post.

I have done some testing and here is what I have found.

Logged in

Linux and firefox.
Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge
Windows 10 and Chrome

Said yes to the cookies each time.

Still signs out each time I move into different forum.

When I choose the forum it opens up to no new messages.

I have emailed Arduino regarding the issue.

scott974:
I have emailed Arduino regarding the issue.

Thanks! I saw they were working with another of our forum members to investigate the issue so I'm sure your report will be helpful in getting this resolved.

I'm glad to see that you are at least able to still use the forum, even if it's not very convenient.

Hi scott974, welcome !

The Pro Micro isn't produced by or for Arduino, it's a Sparkfun product
To get the IDE to support this one, you'll need to add Additional boards to the board manager (click !).
The above link explains how to do that with more recent IDE versions that have this board manager available.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.